mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Why do mixers omit mid-gain knob on Stereo channels?"

Posted on: May 03, 2021 @ 03:03 PM
muscarella
Total Posts:  542
Joined  11-01-2003

I’ve taken to running my MOXF stereo feeds into two separate Mono channels on my little mixer. It seems to boost the general volume level (I can’t say it’s “better”, just pops more). More important it gives me a mid EQ and a High Pass Filter and an attenuator that I use slightly if need be to fine-tune the two stereo channel volumes so I can put the two main volume knobs exactly at Unity (3 o’clock) as the owners manual suggests. 

I checked out the Yamaha mixer model one step up from mine and the stereo channel is the same, only Hi and Low EQ. (I realize the cross-over curve of the Hi and Low frequencies is calibrated differently so it’s not really like Mid range is being suppressed or removed per se.)

A couple reasons Yamaha (and others) might do this were offered to me by one of the Guru’s here, but I’m curious to hear what others think about this.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 04, 2021 @ 02:06 AM
Mighty Motif Max
Total Posts:  317
Joined  04-30-2016

I have an MG10XU and yep, same thing. I wish it had 3-band with sweep-able mids. Luckily I can use the EQ in Master Mode on my Motif XF or set up an EQ on my Kurzweil PC4 for the times I need it. It would be nice though.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ 1/4 Cables -- Need brand/model testimony.
Next Topic:

PlayKeyz 80s Soundset ››