mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Unable to see FW in Motif XS’s “IEEE1394 Driver” parameter"

Posted on: October 11, 2020 @ 09:41 AM
HirenP
Total Posts:  6
Joined  10-11-2020

Hi,
Can someone help me to solve the following issue,
I am unable to see the FW in Motif XS’s “IEEE1394 Driver” parameter

After Pressing,
[UTILITY]
[F1] GENERAL
[SF4] AUTO LOAD
IEEE1394 Driver = mLan ( Here I don’t see FW even after pressing inc / dec button)

Note:
1) Motif XS8 is update to OS 1.60.1
2) Cables aren’t connected, even if connected unable to see the FW in “IEEE1394 Driver”

Please advise

Thanks,

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 11, 2020 @ 07:39 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Welcome to the forum.

The XS8 comes with an mLAN16E2 interface as standard. To use with the Yamaha Steinberg FW Driver, the mLAN16E2 firmware has to be updated, currently to version 1.07. Have you done that?

If not, the IEEE1394 Firmware Updater can be downloaded here:
https://usa.yamaha.com/support/updates/index.html?c=music_production&k=Motif+XS
Your member profile doesn’t indicate which computer platform or OS you’re using. Download the appropriate updater for either Mac or Windows. Be sure to carefully follow the directions.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 14, 2020 @ 02:46 PM
HirenP
Joined  10-11-2020
5pinDIN - 11 October 2020 07:39 PM

Welcome to the forum.

The XS8 comes with an mLAN16E2 interface as standard. To use with the Yamaha Steinberg FW Driver, the mLAN16E2 firmware has to be updated, currently to version 1.07. Have you done that?

Your member profile doesn’t indicate which computer platform or OS you’re using. Download the appropriate updater for either Mac or Windows. Be sure to carefully follow the directions.

Thanks for the reply,

1) I have installed ‘’Yamaha Steinberg FW Driver V1.7.5
a) (no Motif is displayed as described in installation manual - PDF) can only see the menus “ General “ & ‘’ About ‘’ but no “Motif XS”
b) Nor I am able to see ‘’Yamaha Steinberg FW ‘’ in Audio Device

2) As you said, I also downloaded and installed ‘’IEEE1394 Firmware Updater ‘’ (Version: 1.08)
a ) In Device information : Unable to see the Model name : (its Blank)
b) Updated Information : Firmware Version : 1.08 (Is displayed)
c) still unable to see the FW in Motif XS8 “IEEE1394 Driver” parameter

Please let me know if you can judge-out any further.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 14, 2020 @ 05:37 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
HirenP - 14 October 2020 02:46 PM

Welcome to the forum.

Thanks for the reply,

a) (no Motif is displayed as described in installation manual - PDF) can only see the menus “ General “ & ‘’ About ‘’ but no “Motif XS”

2) As you said, I also downloaded and installed ‘’IEEE1394 Firmware Updater ‘’ (Version: 1.08)

I did not say to update the firmware to version 1.08. That version is required when an mLAN16E2 is used in a Motif XF, but not for the XS.

Did you turn off the XS and reboot it after running the IEEE1394 updater? That’s necessary for the “FW” option to appear.

Based on the version of the YSFW Driver you installed, you apparently have a Mac. You might try uninstalling that driver, then reinstalling it and see if recognition occurs.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 16, 2020 @ 11:05 AM
HirenP
Joined  10-11-2020
5pinDIN - 14 October 2020 05:37 PM

Welcome to the forum.

Thanks for the reply,

I did not say to update the firmware to version 1.08. That version is required when an mLAN16E2 is used in a Motif XF, but not for the XS.

Did you turn off the XS and reboot it after running the IEEE1394 updater? That’s necessary for the “FW” option to appear.

Based on the version of the YSFW Driver you installed, you apparently have a Mac. You might try uninstalling that driver, then reinstalling it and see if recognition occurs.

Hi, Sorry for the late reply,
Ok! Please can you help me out how to uninstall the ‘’IEEE1394 Firmware Updater ‘’ (Version: 1.08) so that I can install the ‘’IEEE1394 Firmware Updater ‘’ (Version: 1.07)

Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 16, 2020 @ 12:32 PM
HirenP
Joined  10-11-2020
HirenP - 16 October 2020 11:05 AM
5pinDIN - 14 October 2020 05:37 PM

Welcome to the forum.

Thanks for the reply,

Hi, Sorry for the late reply,
Ok! Please can you help me out how to uninstall the ‘’IEEE1394 Firmware Updater ‘’ (Version: 1.08) so that I can install the ‘’IEEE1394 Firmware Updater ‘’ (Version: 1.07)

Thanks

Hey,
1) I uninstalled the FW driver and reinstalled the FW driver V1.7.5
2) I Downloaded ‘’IEEE1394 Firmware Updater ‘’ (Version: 1.07) and when I try to update it (IEEE1394_Firmware_Updater.app) the message appears “Could not open the data file”

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 16, 2020 @ 09:07 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010

I suggest that you check again to see if the IEEE1394 Driver setting on the XS can be changed to “FW”. If not, then it would probably be best to contact Yamaha Support in your country and see if they can be of assistance.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 16, 2020 @ 10:56 PM
HirenP
Joined  10-11-2020
5pinDIN - 16 October 2020 09:07 PM

I suggest that you check again to see if the IEEE1394 Driver setting on the XS can be changed to “FW”. If not, then it would probably be best to contact Yamaha Support in your country and see if they can be of assistance.

At the beginning I said that it not changing to FW

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 17, 2020 @ 06:06 AM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
HirenP - 16 October 2020 10:56 PM
5pinDIN - 16 October 2020 09:07 PM

At the beginning I said that it not changing to FW

At the beginning you hadn’t updated the mLAN16E2 firmware.

I’m done with this topic.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Arpeggio range
Next Topic:

Motif xs sustain pedal jack ››