mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "How to use / route for external audio interface with MOX Editor VST in Cubase?"

Posted on: May 16, 2020 @ 03:30 AM
lovemotif
Total Posts:  56
Joined  01-11-2012

Dear Friends,

All these days I have been using my Yamaha MOX6 and its built-in Audio interface for producing audio.Its still going good and no hardware or software malfunction. Now I want to arrange music for videos and the standard is 48Khz and 24bit, which is not the case with the MOX6 built-in interface, as it is 44.1Khz / 16bit.

I do have a Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 (2nd Gen) USB interface, and I would like to know if its possible to use it as an Audio interface so I can take advantage of its ability to go for higher sampling rate and bit depth (48khz / 24bit) without sacrificing the ability to use the Editor VST for MIDI Recording.

If its possible and someone can help me with the routing steps or procedures,it will be a great help for me to program music for videos.
I request all my fellow MOXers here to help me out.
Thank you :)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 18, 2020 @ 07:15 AM
lovemotif
Total Posts:  56
Joined  01-11-2012

Fortunatley, Bad Mister responded to me at YamahaSynth. I am sharing it here so that if anybody is in need of similar or the exact same information might find it useful.

ME:I do have a Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 (2nd Gen) USB interface, and I would like to know if its possible to use it as an Audio interface, so that I can take advantage of its ability to go for higher sampling rate and bit depth (48khz / 24bit) without sacrificing the ability to use the Editor VST for MIDI Recording.

Bad Mister : You can certainly use the Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 2nd Gen as your USB Interface. The MOX6 will simply be an audio source at that point. All audio conversion will be handled by the Focusrite (which is capable of sample rates up to 192kHz). So you are fine there. Check with Focusrite for the recommended Driver. Audio input and output will be handled by the Focusrite.

You will need the Yamaha Steinberg USB Driver for multi-Port MIDI communication between the MOX6 and your computer. This means you’ll need a USB connection between the MOX6 and your computer (strictly for MIDI). The MOX6 Editor will use MIDI Port 1 for music communication (Note-Ons, Controllers, Tempo, etc) and MIDI Port 4 for the Editor’s VSTi communication.

When you launch the Editor inside Cubase, you’ll go to File > Setup > select Port 1 to Port 1, and Port 4 to Port 4
Then under File > VSTi Setup > set the Audio Port to use the Focusrite inputs you have the MOX6 connected to… say the MOX6 is connected to inputs 5 and 6 on the Focusrite, you would select them here. This way the MOX6 VST will return Audio to Cubase properly.

ME:If its possible and someone can help me with the routing steps or procedures,it will be a great help for me to program music for videos.

Bad Mister : It is certainly possible. You simply connect the 1/4” analog Outputs of the MOX6 to two instrument inputs on the Focusrite.
Connect the Focusrite to your computer via USB (got Audio). Connect the Focusrite Outputs to your monitor speakers or use a quality pair of headphones.

I recommend you have both… there are times you’ll want to move air molecules with speakers and there will be times you’ll want turn the speakers off and record with a microphone. It is then when headphones are essential.

ME:Computer Spec:
Windows 7 32 bit
Cubase AI5

I’ll be soon upgrading to Cubase Artist / Pro 10.5 on Win 10 64 bit.

Bad Mister : Good, you’ll find that while the hardware synth (MOX6) ages, it ages better than computers and computer software. Cubase AI5 is now *non-compliant* with much of what today’s computers are doing. Computers and software DAWs have moved to 64-bit operations. *Non-compliant* is computer talk for, its old and while it may still work, nobody’s checking anymore. Translation: Please upgrade.

You don’t buy software as much as you subscribe… if you know what I mean.

You’ll want to download… MOX6/MOX8 Editor Standalone / VST V1.6.8 for Win which is 64-bit capable… and will be able to run in Cubase Artist or Pro 10.5 without issue!

So when you upgrade to Window 10 and a newer version of Cubase it should be smooth sailing for your requirements.
I don’t believe Cubase AI5 is able to do this, (and I cannot test it) but with a newer version of Cubase you’ll be fine.

When you get setup, let us know.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 20, 2020 @ 02:34 AM
philwoodmusic
Total Posts:  1055
Joined  07-01-2013
lovemotif - 16 May 2020 03:30 AM

Now I want to arrange music for videos and the standard is 48Khz and 24bit, which is not the case with the MOX6 built-in interface, as it is 44.1Khz / 16bit.

You can take care of this problem very easily.

The MOX’s audio interface is fixed at 24 bit / 44.1kHz,

You could work at 24 bit / 44.1 kHz all the way until you’ve finished.  Then, you could simply export your final mix at 24 bit / 48 kHz, from Cubase, to meet those broadcast standards you need.

That is unless you are actually working to picture in your DAW.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Memory problems with my MOX6
Next Topic:

MOX8 connect to new iPad Pro? ››