mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "modes"

Posted on: February 22, 2020 @ 08:39 AM
Denis Ekimtsev
Total Posts:  6
Joined  02-22-2020

hello, I want to separately record the sounds of Motif XS and mix in my program tell me which mode is better to use voise or multi?or is there no difference?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 22, 2020 @ 11:16 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

It’s unclear (to me) what you want to do. Perhaps you’re referring to using the A/D INPUT. If so, this support article might help:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/support/view/setting_up_a_microphone_motif_xs

If that isn’t what you’re referring to, please provide more details.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 22, 2020 @ 12:46 PM
Denis Ekimtsev
Joined  02-22-2020

I want to record drums, bass, and other sounds. I want to mix everything in the program not in Motif. What mode is right for me for this? Voice mode or Song mode?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 22, 2020 @ 02:40 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010

Sorry, that’s still not enough information. Presuming “the program” is a DAW such as Cubase, and that you want to have everything recorded as audio as opposed to MIDI, you can record individual tracks or transfer mixes from Song mode.

How convenient a particular approach might be could depend on what interface you’re using. Possibilities include using the analog outputs with an external audio interface, or perhaps transferring digital audio if the XS has an mLAN (FireWire) interface.

Hopefully someone else can better understand what you’re doing.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 22, 2020 @ 03:03 PM
Denis Ekimtsev
Joined  02-22-2020

thanks for your reply.I’m recording Motif sounds in cubase through analog outputs. I am recording in cubase in voice mode.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 22, 2020 @ 03:41 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010

If you’re recording a single track at a time as audio, then it shouldn’t matter which mode (Voice or Song) the XS is in.

Of course, multiple tracks can be recorded as MIDI data in Song mode on the XS, and then the data transferred to Cubase. That’s usually beneficial when a FireWire interface (mLAN16E2 or FW16E) is used.

There are other ways to use Cubase that may be appropriate, but the workflow you use is a personal choice. Some of the hits from this search might be interesting:
http://www.google.com/search?q=cubase+support+site:motifator.com

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 22, 2020 @ 08:57 PM
Denis Ekimtsev
Joined  02-22-2020

Ok,thank you!

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ A Song<>Pattern "trick"
Next Topic:

Elements 5 through 8 in a Motif XS Voice ››