mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Motif XF6 Flash Expansion Having Problems"

Posted on: December 12, 2019 @ 04:38 AM
JimmyD1501
Total Posts:  23
Joined  12-07-2007

Hi

I have changed my older Motif XS7 for a Motif XF6 and very pleased so far.

I invested in two flash cards each 1Gb and formatted them ok as per installation instructions.

I have now been trying to load my first sound bank which is KSounds Signature Piano.

There are the two files the .XAO and .XAW files, could somebody please explain how to load them and use them. I manages to load the .XAO ok I think as in User 2 I could see the names of the pianos but there was no sounds. I loaded the .XAW to the FL1 as I could see the flash memory took the 445mb but what to do now.??

Thanks as always to the forum.

Jim D

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 12, 2019 @ 05:22 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

If you still had the XS it would have been possible to load the .X0A and .X0W files to it, and then save an All/X0A file with samples. Such a file could then be loaded to the XF.

I suggest that you contact Keven Spargo at K-Sounds, and see if he can provide an “All” file that includes the samples (or perhaps Keyfax can help - see second link below).

See http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/451415/
--- and ---
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/451494/
for some background information.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 12, 2019 @ 06:10 AM
JimmyD1501
Joined  12-07-2007

Hi
Thanks you Spin for the very fast reply.
I still have the XS and can you as you recommend. It’s not in the same location as I am at the moment but will do that as soon as I am able.
Many thanks again
Jim D

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 12, 2019 @ 11:18 AM
JimmyD1501
Joined  12-07-2007

Hi Spin

It just occured to me I have the John Melas Tools and Waveeform Editor software for both XS and XF will that be a solution.?

If so how would that work

Thanks

Jim D

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 12, 2019 @ 11:45 AM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
JimmyD1501 - 12 December 2019 06:10 AM

Hi
Thanks you Spin for the very fast reply.
I still have the XS and can you as you recommend. It’s not in the same location as I am at the moment but will do that as soon as I am able.
Many thanks again
Jim D

You’re welcome.

If all that’s on FL1 is the Signature Piano samples, I suggest deleting them or reformatting that flash module. That way, when you load the X0A file with samples you won’t duplicate the Waveforms (which would otherwise waste space).

When loading the newly saved X0A, using the XF’s Load option USR > FL1 should then reconnect the piano Voices and Waveforms.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 12, 2019 @ 11:48 AM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
JimmyD1501 - 12 December 2019 11:18 AM

Hi Spin

It just occured to me I have the John Melas Tools and Waveeform Editor software for both XS and XF will that be a solution.?

If so how would that work

Thanks

Jim D

Sorry, but I don’t use the Melas software. I don’t know whether it can combine the two files into one that the XF could load.

Since you still have access to the XS, see my above post for a procedure that should work.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 13, 2019 @ 07:40 AM
JimmyD1501
Joined  12-07-2007

Hi Spin, no problem you set me off in the right direction as you have done previously. Have a great Christmas there.
Jim D

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ FX within a Performance.
Next Topic:

Loop in performance mode. ››