mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Help: ARP tempo stuck in EXTERNAL mode, unable to change it (MOXF8)"

Posted on: November 20, 2019 @ 09:04 PM
flatulus_vetus
Total Posts:  3
Joined  11-20-2019

Hi,

Out of the blue my moxf8 arp is tuck in EXTERNAL mode. Hadn’t used the kbd foar a while, but definetely did NOT have it “run” from a DAW. When trying to play performance bass sounds, the sound kiind of starts, but the arp tempo flashes between 5 and EXTERNAL, and I am unable to change it.

I do not have the DAW button on.

Downloaded the last firmware, no help. Plus, now the kbd shows some memory issue msg when I turn it on.

My guess is the sounds are there, but how can I change the arp tempo from “5/Ext” to 100 or whatever the display says the original tempo for any given performance was.

I am vehemently grateful for any attempts at help!

Thanks!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 21, 2019 @ 09:30 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Welcome to the forum.

First things first…

flatulus_vetus - 20 November 2019 09:04 PM

[...]
Downloaded the last firmware, no help. Plus, now the kbd shows some memory issue msg when I turn it on.
[...]

Some questions…
1) Does your MOXF have a flash module installed?
2) Is the message that’s displayed “New Flash Memory Module, Please load waveform data”? If not, what is the exact message?
3) Did you follow the “Updating Procedure” in the Readme file that comes with the OS updater? That is, did you save an “All” file as directed before updating, and then reload it afterward?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 23, 2019 @ 08:56 PM
flatulus_vetus
Joined  11-20-2019
5pinDIN - 21 November 2019 09:30 AM

Welcome to the forum.

First things first…

flatulus_vetus - 20 November 2019 09:04 PM
[...]
[...]

Some questions…
1) Does your MOXF have a flash module installed?
2) Is the message that’s displayed “New Flash Memory Module, Please load waveform data”? If not, what is the exact message?
3) Did you follow the “Updating Procedure” in the Readme file that comes with the OS updater? That is, did you save an “All” file as directed before updating, and then reload it afterward?

1) Yes there is a mem module installed in my MOXF8.

2) Yes, “New Flash Memory Module.."(etc) is the very message the display shows after booting.

3) No, I guess I was tired and stressed out, I did not save anything anywhere. Let alone recover it..

Did I just semi-brick my MOXF?

If i did, the way it sounds now, is exactly the same it sounded BEFORE the firmware upgading I did.

What to do...?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 23, 2019 @ 10:53 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

I understand your concern about the Arp tempo, but it’s best to get the MOXF to an otherwise stable condition before troubleshooting that problem.

Do you have any backup “All” files? If so, you could try loading the most recent one without samples, and see if the flash module message stops being displayed.

If you don’t have any “All” files saved…
What is on the flash module? Is it from a specific sample library file, or is it from more than one? If just one, then reloading that file without samples is another thing to try.

If neither of the above can be done (or help), then doing a factory reset and reformatting the flash module should return the MOXF to original state.

Once the flash memory message no longer displays…
Check the tempo again, with any 5-pin MIDI or USB cables disconnected.

Let us know what you find.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 24, 2019 @ 10:40 PM
flatulus_vetus
Joined  11-20-2019

Hi,

it is remotely possible I have made an All file when the gadget was new. But after having changed apartment twice after that, it’d be quite a thing to bump into a usb-stick having that data.

I don’t even remember, if the stuff for the memory modules came on cd’s or what, this was a demo unit from a music store I bought.

Right now I am under some presure due to work stuff etc, so I can’t dedicate my good self completely to a cd/dvd seeking operation. I have 27, 582 966 pcs of them in my apt. And no, not in a rack with a cross-indexed list taped on the wall next to it.

Will have to see what I’ll find as soon as I get some free time, and will return here with more answers or with a forlorn look on my face.

Thank you so far!

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ 5 pin MIDI Out problem?
Next Topic:

Arpeggiator won’t stay off ››