mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "motif xs dirty preset sounds"

Posted on: October 09, 2019 @ 09:03 PM
bythenumbers
Total Posts:  49
Joined  04-06-2009

hym where do i start,ok I’m using motif xs with cubase 7.5,First of all it kills me that cubase comes out with a program like cubase and gives you the tool to sweeten any sound out there ,which of course sweet,,,I’m talking about cleaning up sounds ,audio,but i find it ironic that they give you no cleaner sound than the motif xs,,,please how many degrees do these people have,,I know i was talking about motif xs presets ,,first of all there nothing wrong with the motif xs i love it i don’t need another keyboard nor do i need to update the cubase 7.5.
i won’t give you my secrets,why because it took me four years of training my ears to understand what was causing so much horrible sound quality.like i said its not the motif its who recorded the sound .they went out of there way to degrade its sounds ,but i will say one thing the more you cleanup sound quality the more it sounded like a toy instrument and i beleve some of you found this to be true.this is why they still make new keyboards why if they sold you the perfect sound quality would you ever buy another keyboard...and I’m not trying to say that,you wouldn’t BUT please ,,years ago after three years i was ready to throw my keyboard out the window.Until i found its secrets .so leave a comment please....?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 17, 2019 @ 02:13 AM
Michiel D
Total Posts:  191
Joined  11-16-2009

Tell us a little bit about the secret or we don’t know what you’re talking about.
Kind regards, take it easy, Michiel

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 18, 2019 @ 06:41 AM
Michiel D
Total Posts:  191
Joined  11-16-2009

If Yamaha would put horrible sounds ‘on purpose’ in their synths, people would all buy Roland and Korg synths ... Still very curieus how one could dramaticly improve sound quality, as I assume your secrets result in .. Little hint?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 20, 2019 @ 10:12 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Since bythenumbers hasn’t replied, perhaps this thread will offer some insight:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/478438/

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 21, 2019 @ 03:43 AM
philwoodmusic
Total Posts:  1055
Joined  07-01-2013
bythenumbers - 09 October 2019 09:03 PM

hym where do i start,ok I’m using motif xs with cubase 7.5,First of all it kills me that cubase comes out with a program like cubase and gives you the tool to sweeten any sound out there ,which of course sweet,,,I’m talking about cleaning up sounds ,audio,but i find it ironic that they give you no cleaner sound than the motif xs,,,please how many degrees do these people have,,I know i was talking about motif xs presets ,,first of all there nothing wrong with the motif xs i love it i don’t need another keyboard nor do i need to update the cubase 7.5.
i won’t give you my secrets,why because it took me four years of training my ears to understand what was causing so much horrible sound quality.like i said its not the motif its who recorded the sound .they went out of there way to degrade its sounds ,but i will say one thing the more you cleanup sound quality the more it sounded like a toy instrument and i beleve some of you found this to be true.this is why they still make new keyboards why if they sold you the perfect sound quality would you ever buy another keyboard...and I’m not trying to say that,you wouldn’t BUT please ,,years ago after three years i was ready to throw my keyboard out the window.Until i found its secrets .so leave a comment please....?

There aren’t any secrets to know.

Motifs have sounded great since day 1. That’s a big part of their success. The only way they sound like a toy is either by user error or by a fault in the Motif itself.

I’d be interested in what you use in your clean up processes.  After using Motif series keyboards on well over 100 major record label projects, and having them sound great every single time, with minimal work, there really aren’t any secrets you can pass on.  If you are using clean-up plugins like Izotope, or Waves X Noise or Waves X Crackle etc, then it will end up sounding like a toy, because those plugins remove from the original sound, and are really meant for a very targeted and narrow clean up of hiss, hum, crackles and glitches.

Nevertheless, I’d like to hear some audio clips of your problems so that we can help you, if you have any to hand or would like to make some and upload them?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 26, 2019 @ 08:03 PM
bythenumbers
Total Posts:  49
Joined  04-06-2009

first of all Philwoodmusic,if you wood leave a sample of what your Quartet normal preset 4 no 9 sound like please.i would like to see the comparison between mine and yours. What somebody ask me a little hint. well the quartet I’ve found that i go to the ,Utility and where it says tune i bring it down very very much,you wouldn’t believe.then i go too , part common. General,note shift. from the pitch-minus to where your happy,while in pitch I detune in the minus region again.Now thats aside,,,You can also lets say you have Oscillicator
pitch lets say you instrument.going to fast or to slow you can use this to speed up or slow down take a violin ..you can make it go fast now this is where my instrument sounds like a toy..but also when use tune an detune it brings out something you’ve never heard before.  While I’m at it i have to use at least 40 studio EQ from the cubase 7.5 thats a lot , my instrument was sounding like a toy before i used the detune or anything except for using the EQs..

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 27, 2019 @ 09:24 AM
philwoodmusic
Total Posts:  1055
Joined  07-01-2013

I see what you are saying now.  There’s no need to upload anything, because I’m not surprised by any of that.

What you are describing is what you will hear if you excessively pitch down and process almost anything in the same manner, not just waveforms on the Motif.

Some sounds can take it, but not many, and that won’t ever change.  You can’t pitch something down a lot and expect to keep integrety and usability.  You are always going to hear that kind of thing, especially with waveforms that are based on string samples and other real instruments.

Pitching down a sound is probably best done after you’ve played it, with something like Serato Pitch n Time or X Form.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ LCD display XS6
Next Topic:

Continuing Deciphering the Yamaha File Format (YSFC) ››