mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Cant Save Anything - MO6"

Posted on: October 09, 2019 @ 10:50 AM
formercakid
Total Posts:  2
Joined  10-03-2019

I am a new MO6 user who needs help. I can’t seem to make permanent changes to my MO6 in Utility mode or saving modified programs. It seems to go through the motions but after I reset the unit it goes back to its prior state of original settings. Any help is much appreciated. I tried a factory reset but that did not help. The MO6 is on firmware 1.03.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 09, 2019 @ 02:49 PM
formercakid
Total Posts:  2
Joined  10-03-2019

For those interested, I was able to resolve the problem by powering up in test mode and performing the following:

“17:FactorySet :Press [ENTER]
//// MO6/8 Test Program ////”

[Description]
All data are initialized to the factory preset.
It writes the initial value of each parameter into SDRAM,
and then writes those data into Flash ROM.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 09, 2019 @ 08:25 PM
J_D_S_Y
Total Posts:  115
Joined  11-01-2011

hey, how are you doing this? I want to initialize my MO6 because the REC button doesn’t engage and I can’t figure out what’s up.

Also, I don’t see a OS version number when I boot.

How do you boot/reset?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 09, 2019 @ 09:01 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
formercakid - 09 October 2019 10:50 AM

I am a new MO6 user who needs help. I can’t seem to make permanent changes to my MO6 in Utility mode or saving modified programs. It seems to go through the motions but after I reset the unit it goes back to its prior state of original settings. Any help is much appreciated. I tried a factory reset but that did not help. The MO6 is on firmware 1.03.

Welcome to the forum.

If “Power-On Auto” is turned on (box checked) in the Utility mode “Factory Set” Job, each time the MO is powered on the factory settings are restored, overwriting any User settings that were STORED (not “saved"). See page 26 of the MO Owner’s Manual.

Another possibility, although less likely, is if “Auto Load” is turned on. See page 102 of the Owner’s Manual.

formercakid - 09 October 2019 02:49 PM

For those interested, I was able to resolve the problem by powering up in test mode and performing the following:

“17:FactorySet :Press [ENTER]
//// MO6/8 Test Program ////”

[Description]
All data are initialized to the factory preset.
It writes the initial value of each parameter into SDRAM,
and then writes those data into Flash ROM.

While that can resolve the issue you experienced, it doesn’t do anything different than the “Factory Set” Job (when “Power-On Auto” is not checked).

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Rotary Speaker help
Next Topic:

REC doesn’t engage ››