mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "New user at Motif Xs and forum member"

Posted on: September 17, 2019 @ 02:01 PM
Motnaf
Total Posts:  3
Joined  09-17-2019

Greetings from Uruguay , I recently bought a Motif xs 6. My situation is this: successfully I can use the keys of the motif to play vst instruments in my daw (Studio one 4) but I have had problems using the internal sounds of the motif in the daw (I don’t want to use them by recording as an audio track )
I installed the USB- midi driver and the Motif editor , would like to record a midi track and edit that midi event.

Need some orientation to make it work
In the first picture my midi out says “not assigned”

At the second tell me how config the midi driver to use the internal sound of the motif in my daw
Thanks for the help .

Image Attachments
20190917_150426.jpg20190917_145759.jpg
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 19, 2019 @ 04:07 AM
cbr_case
Total Posts:  29
Joined  02-28-2017

Hi to Uruguay from Germany!

The problem you are currently facing might just be the Base-Channel of the XS not being set to the channel your DAW is transmitting on, but thats a wild guess. (I’m a cubase user, so i cannot help with the DAW)

first, using the audio of the XS in your DAW will be pretty tricky.
The XS does NOT transfer Audio over USB.
So, you will on one hand need to monitor your XS directly, (via Headphones or Speakers) and you will not be able to use any DAW functionality (e.g. compresson, eq) on the signals from the XS.
Furthermore, if you are using any audio INSIDE your DAW (e.g. vocal recordings or VST-Instruments) you will need an external Mixer to monitor both at the same time, as you cannot use the XS as an audio-output device.

think twice, if that’s really what you want.

If you want to get audio from the XS to the DAW, you will need the firewire-expansion on the XS and a firewire input on you computer. Be warned, though, this pricey and especially the PC cards are beasts! You will learn many things about your computer, but it will take time until you get this working…

My suggestion would be, to record midi to the DAW, have the audio output of the XS routed through the DAW, and after you are satisfied with a given MIDI track, record that to audio (while keeping, but muting the MIDI). Then advance o the next track and so on. You could use the aux-outs of the xs, too (need 4 input-channels on you soundcard, then), this way you could use 2 or three MIDI-Tracks at the same time, but that’s pretty advanced stuff.

hth,
best,
Ralf

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 19, 2019 @ 01:28 PM
Motnaf
Joined  09-17-2019

Thanks for the help ralf , I’m going to try cubase 4 , meanwhile the best way is record a a midi event and monitoring the audio trough my mixer. Would like use the xs editor on the same way kontakt works but I dont know how use the studio manager run in cubase like a host app for the editor if you like give some orientation with that.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 20, 2019 @ 02:42 AM
cbr_case
Joined  02-28-2017

Hi!
if i remember correctly, the editor and studiomanager cannot be integrated in cubase. But i think i once used the xs-editor and the cubase-vst happily at the same time.
studiomanager (SM2) should not be necessary anymore.

For my workflow thats currently a rare approach: deeply tweaking the synthsounds while recording. usually i tend to seperate the two aspects, so the missing integration does not matter to me.

best,
Ralf

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 20, 2019 @ 08:24 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
Motnaf - 17 September 2019 02:01 PM

Greetings from Uruguay , I recently bought a Motif xs 6. My situation is this: successfully I can use the keys of the motif to play vst instruments in my daw (Studio one 4) but I have had problems using the internal sounds of the motif in the daw (I don’t want to use them by recording as an audio track )
I installed the USB- midi driver and the Motif editor , would like to record a midi track and edit that midi event.

Need some orientation to make it work
In the first picture my midi out says “not assigned”

At the second tell me how config the midi driver to use the internal sound of the motif in my daw
Thanks for the help .

Welcome to the forum.

Let’s address the port assignment issue in the Editor first. Since the picture you attached apparently isn’t a screen capture from your own computer, some useful information isn’t there.

Some questions…
1) What is the exact file name of the Editor you installed?
2) Does your XS6 have the optional mLAN board?
3) If #2 is “yes”, do you have any other gear which has mLAN?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 25, 2019 @ 12:24 AM
Motnaf
Joined  09-17-2019
cbr_case - 20 September 2019 02:42 AM

Hi!
if i remember correctly, the editor and studiomanager cannot be integrated in cubase. But i think i once used the xs-editor and the cubase-vst happily at the same time.
studiomanager (SM2) should not be necessary anymore.

For my workflow thats currently a rare approach: deeply tweaking the synthsounds while recording. usually i tend to seperate the two aspects, so the missing integration does not matter to me.

best,
Ralf

Hello I found this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wNge9LQZg0

I managed to do everything until 8:37 minutes after that I can not achieve the same as he does,
please I need help

also if you can explain to me how I have to configure the midi channels in this menu

(i cant share the image)

1- Uility (midi)

channel

basic receive Ch (wich number?)
Keyboardtransmit Ch (wich number?)
Device Number (default set on 1)

Thank you

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 26, 2019 @ 04:57 AM
cbr_case
Joined  02-28-2017

sorry, but i cannot help you with studio 1 and the info you’re posting is not sufficient.

best,
ralf

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Wanted : MLAN16E2
Next Topic:

seperate sound outs? ››