mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Arp in Sequnce Help :("

Posted on: September 10, 2019 @ 04:43 AM
mrjester2
Total Posts:  4
Joined  04-13-2017

Hi,

I just did a search for this, but couldn’t see anyone else has had this issue (or maybe I’ve missed something)…

I’ve been recording a song in the sequencer XF8, and one track I used an arpeggio. It was playing fine, but suddenly started just playing the arp on the beat. I tried to see if I’ve knocked a quantize setting somewhere, and also tried re recording the track (which sounds fine in recording, but plays back the same all notes on the beat). I also looked at the note editor, which captures all of the arpeggio notes fine too… I’m a bit baffled…

Anyone had this before and knows the solution? (Other than start the song again lol).

Thanks!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 10, 2019 @ 05:54 AM
glenmotif
Total Posts:  9
Joined  04-15-2010

hiy there,
i guess the arp is switched on in your track.
To check
go in song mode
click mixing>edit> select the track> & check in the settings for ARP Play only, that should be off.

Hope this helps.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 10, 2019 @ 06:46 AM
mrjester2
Joined  04-13-2017

That all looks ok… even had a tweak to see if it made a difference… still the same…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 10, 2019 @ 06:49 AM
mrjester2
Joined  04-13-2017

Also, I just tried to record another arp just on a random voice.. that recorded fine. So just seems to be either that voice or track.. weird.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 10, 2019 @ 07:44 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
mrjester2 - 10 September 2019 04:43 AM

[...]
I’ve been recording a song in the sequencer XF8, and one track I used an arpeggio. It was playing fine, but suddenly started just playing the arp on the beat. I tried to see if I’ve knocked a quantize setting somewhere, and also tried re recording the track (which sounds fine in recording, but plays back the same all notes on the beat). I also looked at the note editor, which captures all of the arpeggio notes fine too… I’m a bit baffled…

Welcome to the forum.

Since the problem apparently only occurs during playback of a specific track, it may be that the Play FX Quantize Value is set to something other than “off”. From Song Play mode, press [F2] Play FX and check.

See Changing the rhythmic “feel” of the Song on page 141 of the XF Reference Manual for details.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 11, 2019 @ 11:25 AM
mrjester2
Joined  04-13-2017

It was user error… I’d adjusted the arpeggiator quantizing in the left hand pots by accident.. sorry everyone! Was obviously a long day!

I think that’s the same as the previous post mentions..

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Subtractive Synthesis and LFO processing
Next Topic:

Menu Diving, Knobs ,Screens and Faders ››