mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Can I load content Motif XS in MOXF"

Posted on: September 05, 2019 @ 06:58 AM
Michiel D
Total Posts:  191
Joined  11-16-2009

Hi there,

I am considering to buy a MOXF. Since I got a lot of content for my Motif XS I am wondering if I can load content info the MOXF. It is mainly about voices and voices with samples (I got a lot of the voice sets from Motifator.com and would like to load these info the MOXF, but don’t know if it’s compatible. The same question for a ‘user arp’ file ..

Any info, answer, advice .... thanks!

Michiel

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 05, 2019 @ 08:54 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

The MOXF will not directly load Motif XS files. It will load XF Voices, Performances, Arps, Waveforms, and Mix Templates, but not Masters or sequencer data (Patterns/Songs). If you can find someone with an XF who is willing to help, the XS files can be loaded into the XF, then saved for loading into the MOXF.

If you have access to a Windows PC, my Arps-Plus program can be used to merge XS User Arps and convert them to XF (.X3G) type.
See http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/477143/

Otherwise, conversion software such as from John Melas is required.

As far as samples are concerned, the MOXF has no SDRAM - an optional flash module would be required to store the samples.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 05, 2019 @ 10:13 AM
Michiel D
Total Posts:  191
Joined  11-16-2009

Thanks for your fast reply mr. 5pinDIN! When I would not go for the MOXF but upgrade to the Motif XF, is it then possible to load XS content directly info de (XF) synth? (I.e. an ‘all’ file that contains voices, samples, performances, user arps and patterns (my patterns contain a lot of MIDI files like drum and bass ‘building blocks’ ...). Kind regards, Michiel

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 05, 2019 @ 11:43 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

You’re welcome!

Yes, the Motif XF is fully compatible with XS files. Since the XF has been discontinued for a while now, hopefully you can find a used one in good condition.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Play a sample without keeping key depressed?
Next Topic:

User LFO’s ?? ››