mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Play a sample without keeping key depressed?"

Posted on: September 02, 2019 @ 04:27 PM
BarryD
Total Posts:  4
Joined  09-02-2019

Hi everyone,

I loaded a backing track (.wav) from a USB as a waveform and created a user voice. I intended to use this voice as a part in performance mode and trigger the backing track using the C1 key. It seems to have worked, however, I have to keep the C1 key depressed the entire time which prevents me from playing the other parts of the performance. Is there a different way to do this, or is there a setting that will allow me just to press C1 once to play the backing track?

Any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Barry

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 02, 2019 @ 06:34 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Welcome to the forum.

The easiest way to accomplish what you’re asking for is to use the audio clip in a Drum Kit. By setting Receive Note-Off to off (see [F1]OSC > [SF4]OTHER on page 49 of the MOXF Reference Manual), and the AEG Decay 2 Time to 127/hold (see [F4]AMP > [SF3]AEG on page 51), the audio will continue to play even when the key is no longer depressed.

This support download…
http://www.motifator.com/storage/support/LoopKitTutorial_XF.zip
...although meant for the Motif XF, basically covers things in the Using a Drum Kit Voice for Audio Loops section.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 02, 2019 @ 11:01 PM
BarryD
Total Posts:  4
Joined  09-02-2019

Thank you. Much appreciated, and worked perfectly. Exactly what I was looking for.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 03, 2019 @ 07:42 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
BarryD - 02 September 2019 11:01 PM

Thank you. Much appreciated, and worked perfectly. Exactly what I was looking for.

You’re welcome.

By the way, if you haven’t already done so, you might want to assign another key in the kit to the same Alternate Group, with Level set to “0"(zero). That way, if you need to cut off playing of the sample, pressing the alternate key will do that.

[ Ignore ]