mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Connecting a MIDI controller to MO8"

Posted on: July 31, 2019 @ 04:47 PM
vannydargas29
Total Posts:  2
Joined  07-31-2019

I’ve been having a lot of trouble getting desired sounds out of any midi controller to my MO8. The confusion comes when I try having separate voices for the MIDI controller and the MO8.

Ideally, I just want a Voice (let’s say a Wurlitzer) on the MO8, while simultaneously having a synth (or any other Voice) on the MIDI controller. I know that the MO8 is multi-timbred so this shouldn’t be a problem. I just can’t seem to figure it out.

Hope anyone can help!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 31, 2019 @ 05:57 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Welcome to the forum.

The MO is multitimbral in the sequencer modes, Song or Pattern. For example, select Song mode. Edit a Song Mixing so that Part 1 is the Wurli Voice, and Part 2 is the Synth Voice. The default Receive Channel for Part 1 is MIDI Channel 1, and for Part 2 it’s Channel 2.

Once the Song Mixing is edited and stored, pressing button [1] should allow the Wurli Voice to be played by the MO keyboard. If you then set your external controller to transmit on Channel 2, it should be able to play the Synth Voice.

See page 198 of the MO Owner’s Manual for details of Mixing Part Edit. Note that you can edit the Receive Channel for each Part if for some reason you want to change the default channel.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 01, 2019 @ 10:53 AM
vannydargas29
Total Posts:  2
Joined  07-31-2019

Thank you so much! This worked! Maybe it was easier than I thought, but still a headache without the insight. :)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 01, 2019 @ 05:04 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
vannydargas29 - 01 August 2019 10:53 AM

Thank you so much! This worked! Maybe it was easier than I thought, but still a headache without the insight. :)

You’re very welcome. MIDI can seem intimidating at times, but in many cases it’s fairly straightforward. I’m glad you got things working the way you wanted.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ MO6 going out of tune after several minutes of playing
Next Topic:

Rotary Speaker help ››