mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "All song"

Posted on: July 21, 2019 @ 12:38 AM
richie1027
Total Posts:  686
Joined  10-14-2008

Hello everyone

I’ve not used the file save option “all song” in years.  In the past I used Melas tools often but it’s been a while since I’ve used my keys.

Here’s my question.  If I save an All Song file, are the individual song tracks and voices associated with All file at the time I saved it?  I have quite a few All files with various libraries loaded in the user banlks, and if I were to load a different All file with different voice libraries in the 4 user banks, would my All Song files, when loade, be associated with the user bank and the different voices? 
I haven’t tried this and while I’ve created several All Song files recently using voices from the same user banks, I’m thinking these All Song files may not load the correct voices should I load a different All File with different user bank voices. 
I hope my question is clear.  If there is a place in the reference manual that addresses this, I’ve not seen it, even after a search for “all song”. 

Thanks for any insights

Rich

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 21, 2019 @ 08:14 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Any Part in an “All Song” file that references a User bank Voice only points to its location. For example, if a Part had settings Bank = USR 2 and Number = 15, whatever Voice was currently at the USR2/15 location would be the one the Song would use.

Since an “All” file includes User Voice data, loading such a file in entirety will change whatever is in the User Voice banks.

If a User Voice is stored with a Song as a Mix Voice, then saving an “All Song” file ensures that changing the Voices in the User banks won’t affect how the Song plays. See:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/support/view/motif_xf_the_mix_voice

So, unfortunately, correct playing of Songs loaded from an “All Song” file would require the correct User Voices to be loaded if Mix Voices weren’t used. Once User Voices are properly matched to the Songs, converting to Mix Voices, storing the Songs and saving a new “All Song” file would prevent a problem in the future.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 21, 2019 @ 10:50 AM
richie1027
Joined  10-14-2008

Thank you so much for that Support section tutorial was n voice mix.  It’s just was I needed.  As always, your help is appreciated, as well as your availability over the years.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 21, 2019 @ 09:00 PM
richie1027
Joined  10-14-2008

As usual, I’m not good with following directions, or another question arises.  I have 13 songs that I just imported from an allsong file.  In order to “convert” , or save the voice mix for each channel on each song, does it have to be done one track at a time, or can import a song, go into mix mode, and save all 16 tracks.

Thank you for your patience. 

Rich.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 21, 2019 @ 10:46 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
richie1027 - 21 July 2019 09:00 PM

[...]I have 13 songs that I just imported from an allsong file.  In order to “convert” , or save the voice mix for each channel on each song, does it have to be done one track at a time, or can import a song, go into mix mode, and save all 16 tracks.

From the Mix Play screen display, select a Part of the Song Mix that’s using a User Voice…
1) Press [F6](Vce Edit)
2) The Voice can be edited at this point, but that’s not required.
3) Press [STORE] > [ENTER]
...and repeat steps 1~3 for the remaining Parts based on a User Voice.

Parts using a Preset Voice shouldn’t be stored as a Mix Voice, since Preset Voices will always be available to the Song. Such Preset Voices could be stored as Mix Voices, but that wastes Mix Voice locations. While 256 might seem like a lot, if all 16 Voices in a Song (or Pattern) were stored as Mix Voices, only 16 Songs/Patterns could have the Voices converted before hitting the 256 limit.

Once the User Voices are converted to Mix Voices, the Song should be stored. When all Songs have had the User Voices converted, an “All Song” file can be saved.

richie1027 -

Thank you for your patience. 

Rich.

No problem - I’m glad to help.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 08, 2019 @ 08:45 PM
Wondering_
Total Posts:  17
Joined  02-05-2013

May I ask a question about this topic?

What happens when the 256 limit is reached, is there a warning box or some type of information at that time?

Thanks!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 09, 2019 @ 09:01 AM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
Wondering_ - 08 August 2019 08:45 PM

What happens when the 256 limit is reached, is there a warning box or some type of information at that time?

If you attempt to store a Mixing Voice beyond #256, the XF will display the message “Mixing Voice full.”

See Display Messages on pages 66-67 of the XF Owner’s Manual for details of that and others.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 09, 2019 @ 03:33 PM
Wondering_
Total Posts:  17
Joined  02-05-2013

Oh hell, I should have known that!
The Manual is never the first option, now even with me.

Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Motif XF Drum Edit Question
Next Topic:

No sound and control panel assembly malfunction. ››