mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Exporting Songs/Parts From MOXF Directly to Cubase"

Posted on: July 08, 2019 @ 07:15 PM
MarkJohnson
Total Posts:  75
Joined  09-03-2013

Using Cubase Elements, I recorded the MIDI sent from one of the songs in the MOXF (enabled record in Cubase and then set the MOXF to play the song).  All 16 parts were captured on a single MIDI track.  Then I ran a MIDI > Dissolve Part from Cubase and selected the “Separate Channels” Option.  That resulted in Cubase building 16 separate tracks Apparently, the data was tagged with 16 separate channels designations. 

Is there a way to first initialize 16 tracks within Cubase, designating each to a separate channel, and then play and record the MOXF into those 16 channels without having to dissolve them in a separate step from a single, consolidated track into separate channels?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 09, 2019 @ 02:06 PM
zpink
Total Posts:  427
Joined  08-02-2014

Yeah, you can create and save a template with 16 MIDI tracks that’s listening to one channel each.
One of the templates that comes with Cubase may even be one just like that.

I have a template myself with 5 MIDI tracks and the MoXF VST as target along with a few audio tracks as my starting project.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 09, 2019 @ 03:19 PM
MarkJohnson
Total Posts:  75
Joined  09-03-2013

I never thought to consider using the 16-track VST template.  I’ll give that a try.  Thanks, zpink

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Song Mode click out of sync with ARP
Next Topic:

where to buy power adapter? ››