mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "I need help in finding a MIDI/USB Keyboard/Pad/Trigger."

Posted on: February 19, 2019 @ 03:20 PM
jerrydpi
Total Posts:  973
Joined  11-03-2012

I have the Yamaha MOXF8 as my only keyboard.

I sometimes use its built in drum sounds, and I also use it to trigger ADDICTIVE DRUMS 2 and EZ Drummer 2.

The problem I’m having is playing the hi hats with articulation, and no matter how delicately I strike the keys, it seems the velocity range is not that wide.

Can any of you suggest a controller/pad/trigger of some type that will be more velocity sensitive than my MOXF8?

Thanks,
Jerry

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 20, 2019 @ 01:56 AM
stoneb3
Total Posts:  851
Joined  06-05-2011

I’d hunt down a used Roland SPD-SX in good condition. 400 bucks typical, not sure what your aim is on price. These are fantastic units. And 4gb storage is handy to have kicking around if you need it. Plays well with XLN Audio.

Stone

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 20, 2019 @ 03:05 AM
lastmonk
Total Posts:  364
Joined  12-17-2013
jerrydpi - 19 February 2019 03:20 PM

I have the Yamaha MOXF8 as my only keyboard.

I sometimes use its built in drum sounds, and I also use it to trigger ADDICTIVE DRUMS 2 and EZ Drummer 2.

The problem I’m having is playing the hi hats with articulation, and no matter how delicately I strike the keys, it seems the velocity range is not that wide.

Can any of you suggest a controller/pad/trigger of some type that will be more velocity sensitive than my MOXF8?

Thanks,
Jerry

Have you biased your volume control for the Hi Hats?  Are you familiar this stuff?

http://www.motifator.com/storage/support/Motif_Assigning_Controllers.pdf

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Help, automatically change voices at measure x
Next Topic:

FREE NEW Librarian Tool for MOXF ››