mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Preparing to Sell my MOXF - Checklist?"

Posted on: November 29, 2018 @ 05:45 PM
muscarella
Total Posts:  542
Joined  11-01-2003

I’m preparing to sell my MOXF6 (I have two, in different parts of the world though, so I’m just downsizing.)

I bought it off someone who told me he had some additional voices on it. If he meant WAV samples (cause the keyboard DOES have the extra board installed and when I SAVE it offers me the WITH/WITHOUT SAMPLE box), I’ve never really checked because I do not use that part of the MOFX anyway, just MIDI.  I’m pretty sure he didn’t understand the keyboard, but then I’m not an expert either. I know that my other MOXF6 also has the extra board (though I’ve never used it.)

I DO know that I bought and loaded Dave Polich’s voice packs, Axe I believe, and also B’s Knees. I think I also downloaded a package I found on these forums that was Acoustic Piano tweaks only. I have all those purchased downloads saved on my computer (somewhere) but it gets confusing due to my advanced age and the fact that I’ve had several earlier Motif-based units, S90, Motif, ES, MOX and used the Polich voices on all of them. 

I know how to Factory Reset the keyboard, which I’ll do before parting with it. But I want to be sure I’ve saved and “removed” any and all stuff inside in advance. I know how to save ALL files (and have also used a few sub-level like SONG, PATTERN, PERFORMANCE.) I assume the Polich voices come along for the ride on every ALL save/load, but I don’t like assuming. And if there is any WAV or samples in it from the previous owner, would I know it and how would I save them?

The answer I’m sure is quite simple, but I’m wanting to be certain. Thanks.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 29, 2018 @ 07:32 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Neither AXXE nor B’s Knees are sample libraries, so loading either of them wouldn’t have added anything to the flash module contents.

An “All” file saved “with Sample” will include anything residing in the flash module. To see what’s there, you could import the “All” file into the Melas Motif Waveform Editor (even the demo version).

To remove all content from the module, use the MOXF File mode.
[F6]FLASH > [SF1]FORMAT
Waveforms can be individually removed with [SF2]DELETE, if desired.
See pages 158-159 of the MOXF Reference Manual.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 30, 2018 @ 02:56 PM
muscarella
Total Posts:  542
Joined  11-01-2003

Thanks. I understand better now and I’m in good shape.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Final Countdown pad for MOXF
Next Topic:

Synchronizing Cubase 9.5 Pro & MOXF6 ››