mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Lost sustain on my MO6 with FC4 pedal on Footswitch input"

Posted on: November 17, 2018 @ 11:26 PM
yoyi
Total Posts:  6
Joined  07-25-2018

Hello.  My Motif6 suddenly stopped functioning on its ¨sustain function¨ with my FC4 sustain pedal on its Footswitch input.  I have used it for years without any problems, but today I turned it on, and alas, it is not working!

I tried the FC4 with a Yamaha MX49 and it works perfectly.  On my MO6 it is only ¨sustaining¨ sounds after a chord is pressed and it is plugged in (without switching off the sustain after I press it).

I have checked a couple of performance parts that I use frequently and they have the FC1 as ¨Expression¨ in the setup.  On parts I saw Sustain ¨off¨. 

Well, plese let me know if any of you have had any similar issue, and how this can be solved.  I hope that this is not an internal problem.

Appreciating your responses,
Yoyi

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 18, 2018 @ 10:41 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
yoyi - 17 November 2018 11:26 PM

Hello.  My Motif6 suddenly stopped functioning on its ¨sustain function¨ with my FC4 sustain pedal on its Footswitch input.  I have used it for years without any problems, but today I turned it on, and alas, it is not working!

A Motif6 is not the same as a MO6. For the rest of my reply I’ll assume you have a MO6.

yoyi -

I tried the FC4 with a Yamaha MX49 and it works perfectly.  On my MO6 it is only ¨sustaining¨ sounds after a chord is pressed and it is plugged in (without switching off the sustain after I press it).

I have checked a couple of performance parts that I use frequently and they have the FC1 as ¨Expression¨ in the setup.  On parts I saw Sustain ¨off¨. 

Well, plese let me know if any of you have had any similar issue, and how this can be solved.  I hope that this is not an internal problem.

Appreciating your responses,
Yoyi

There are several possibilities, but let’s start with the simplest ones first…

Make sure that the FC4 is plugged into the FOOT SWITCH jack, not the FOOT CONTROLLER one.

Check the Utility mode Footswitch Assign setting. See [SF3] FT SW (Footswitch) on page 209 of the MO6/MO8 Owner’s Manual. Make sure sustain is selected.

[ Ignore ]