mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "RESOLVING HIGH SIERRA YSFW ISSUES"

Posted on: November 11, 2018 @ 07:11 PM
motif8mine
Total Posts:  1743
Joined  10-22-2004

First time in a long time- hello forum!

Just posted this in the Logicprohelp forum after days of beating my head against the wall.

My mbp died and had to upgrade to a 2018, complete with all the insufferable adapters you have to buy to get a firewire connection. I could not after a dozen installs and uninstalls of the YSFW get the mbp to recognize the XS8. Here is the resolution:

First, in System Preferences>Security & Privacy>Privacy>Accessibility, you must allow the Yamaha Steinberg FW Control Panel. Next, in System Preferences>Security & Privacy>General, you must allow the system software from developer “Yamaha Corporation”.

It still took three complete uninstalls, restarts and installs after changing these settings for the driver to work, but hey, I’m up and running.

Image Attachments
Screen Shot 2018-11-11 at 5.07.28 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-11-11 at 5.06.17 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-11-11 at 5.05.54 PM.png
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 13, 2018 @ 09:22 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Recent computer operating systems are becoming more and more “protective”, and dealing with it can be frustrating. Thanks for posting that information.

[ Ignore ]