mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Orchestra Hit"

Posted on: October 10, 2018 @ 10:41 AM
pj4themusic
Total Posts:  29
Joined  10-06-2010

Hi guys. Thanks so much for your help so far.

I wanted to check with you guys if in any way you can import a sound from another keyboard. for instance I hate the Orchestra hits of the XF it just doesn’t sound good at all. Is there a way where I can import a orchestra hit say from Roland or other keyboards?

Thanks
P-J

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 10, 2018 @ 11:35 AM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011

You can’t LOAD sample data directly from other non-Yamaha keyboards.

However:

1) You can LOAD, configure, and trigger .wav sample files as you may require.

2) Your machine is also an excellent sampler in its own right.

3) There may be some 3rd party libraries that contain sounds you prefer.

Are you interested in learning about those methods, or only wondering about the compatibility with non-Yamaha keyboards?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 10, 2018 @ 11:41 AM
pj4themusic
Joined  10-06-2010

Hi Cmayhle

I know how the sampler works and how to trigger samples etc (On my level Lol)

I was just wondering if i can load a sound in my XF and call it up same as selecting a patch.

Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 10, 2018 @ 03:39 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Here are three Roland Orchestra Hits:
https://freewavesamples.com/files/Roland-GR-1-Orchestra-Hit-C5.wav
https://freewavesamples.com/files/Roland-JV-2080-Orchestra-Hit-C3.wav
https://freewavesamples.com/files/Roland-SC-88-Orchestra-Hit.wav

Each can be loaded as Type WAV to an Initialized Voice. If desired, in Integrated Sampling the Key Range can be stretched a bit to change the pitch.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 10, 2018 @ 05:53 PM
pj4themusic
Joined  10-06-2010

Hi 5PinDin

Thanks so much for the samples. It sounds great!!

I’ve managed to Call up a User voice and “initialised” it, Loaded the sample into Integrated Sampling, Ive set the range and it works perfectly across the keyboard, what now? How do I save it as a user voice? I don’t have flash. Most of the post I see on the forum talks about saving to FL

Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 10, 2018 @ 07:43 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
pj4themusic - 10 October 2018 05:53 PM

Hi 5PinDin
Thanks so much for the samples. It sounds great!!

You’re welcome.

pj4themusic -

I’ve managed to Call up a User voice and “initialised” it, Loaded the sample into Integrated Sampling, Ive set the range and it works perfectly across the keyboard, what now? How do I save it as a user voice? I don’t have flash. Most of the post I see on the forum talks about saving to FL

Thanks

Since your XF doesn’t have a flash module, the sample will have to reside in SDRAM User memory. Unfortunately, SDRAM is volatile - whenever the XF is powered down, the data is lost.

I’ll presume that the power hasn’t been turned off - if it has, you’ll have to reload the sample, etc. Then make sure the Initialized Voice points to the Waveform (Wave Bank USR, Wave Number). You should probably rename the Voice to indicate it’s an Orchestra Hit. Once you’re satisfied with the Voice, STORE it and save an “All” (X3A) or “All Voice” (X3V) file.

Whenever you power on the XF and want to use that Voice, you can load it from the saved file, which will load the Waveform to SDRAM.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 11, 2018 @ 06:40 PM
pj4themusic
Joined  10-06-2010

Wow 5D

You’ve really opened up a new thing to me. I’m so exited!!

I just saved it as “All” X3A file, after renaming the patch and put the patch into a bank etc. Powered the XF on and loaded the all file again and there was my patch playing very well in my song.

Thanks so much hey.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 11, 2018 @ 08:55 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010

You’re welcome - I’m glad that worked for you.

By the way, you don’t have to load the entire “All” file - you can load just the particular single Voice. See Loading a specific Voice or all the Voices of a specific Bank from an “all” or “all voice” file on pages 243-244 of the XF Reference Manual (http://download.yamaha.com/file/48531).

If you don’t want to go that route, you could continue to load the entire “All” file, but do it automatically each time the XF is turned on. See the Auto Load information on page 223 of the Reference Manual.

[ Ignore ]