mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "a couple of quick questions"

Posted on: March 23, 2018 @ 05:03 PM
whiningstranger
Total Posts:  40
Joined  10-11-2003

Hello,

I’ve found the manual to be very frustrating to use. Could someone tell me how to:

1) how to get a modulation wheel effect by pressing a key a little harder I’m not sure if this is a “velocity” problem or and “aftertouch” issue. I have a synth sound I’d like to use, and simply have the mod wheel sound kick in when I press a little harder.

2) related to above: how can I get a different patch to kick in when I press the keys a little harder: i.e. going from a Rhodes sound to an organ sound by pressing harder.

I’m sure there are relatively easy ways to do both of these things, but the manual drives me crazy.

Thank you for any help,

Bob

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 24, 2018 @ 12:49 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
whiningstranger - 23 March 2018 05:03 PM

Hello,

I’ve found the manual to be very frustrating to use.

The Motif Owner’s Manual certainly isn’t as well written as it could have been.

whiningstranger -

Could someone tell me how to:

1) how to get a modulation wheel effect by pressing a key a little harder I’m not sure if this is a “velocity” problem or and “aftertouch” issue. I have a synth sound I’d like to use, and simply have the mod wheel sound kick in when I press a little harder.

I already replied to your similar question here:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/479631/

If that didn’t help, please let us know at what point in the procedure you’re having difficulty.

You might find this support article helpful:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/support/view/working_with_and_understanding_physical_controllers

whiningstranger -

2) related to above: how can I get a different patch to kick in when I press the keys a little harder: i.e. going from a Rhodes sound to an organ sound by pressing harder. [...]

I suggest holding off on this until you have a better understanding of controllers.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ adding a wheel effect in aftertouch
Next Topic:

pattern and performance ››