mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Changing color of the Motif XF screen"

Posted on: March 20, 2018 @ 11:45 AM
jfjusa1
Total Posts:  11
Joined  09-28-2017

Sorry if this has been asked here before.  I was wondering if there is a way to change the background color of the main voice/performance screen on the XF?  Not just the color of the text - but the entire background?  I see that the XS used to have a black background?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 20, 2018 @ 12:35 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Yamaha had software for the XS to load UI (User Interface) templates, including the ability to customize them. As far as I know, that was never done for the XF, and we’re limited to the color choices available via Utility mode.

Anybody up to hacking the firmware?  ;-)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 20, 2018 @ 02:01 PM
jfjusa1
Total Posts:  11
Joined  09-28-2017

wow, i wish they had done that for the XF too!  thank you for your reply!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 24, 2018 @ 08:54 AM
Mironoff
Total Posts:  23
Joined  11-12-2011

Hello.
In firmware 1.5.0 access to the Theme folder in Motif XF is the default. Connection to the computer is the same as in XS. But skins in XS and XF are organized in different ways. Therefore, to change the color, you will have to create them yourself. Including the background.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 24, 2018 @ 01:46 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Yes, access to UI skins is available in the Motif XF’s “theme” folder. That access gets set up on your computer if you connect it to the XF via Ethernet.

Some users have found setting up networking to be a challenge. The UI software for the XS had the advantage of being usable via a USB flash drive, as well as the network.

If anyone has not set up their XF’s networking and wants to, see this support article:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/support/view/ethernet_connection_motif_xs_motif_xf

In addition, this thread…
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/456594/P0/
...should be helpful for Windows users.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Gate Arrpegio question
Next Topic:

Microphone and Connector Cables ››