mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Expression pedal Motif Es"

Posted on: February 15, 2018 @ 11:31 AM
Przemek
Total Posts:  2
Joined  01-24-2010

Hello. I have Yamaha Motif Es. Is it possible in the Performance mode and using FC7 to decrease the volume of part 1 and simultaneously to raise part 2?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 15, 2018 @ 12:50 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
Przemek - 15 February 2018 11:31 AM

Hello. I have Yamaha Motif Es.

Welcome to the forum.

Przemek -

Is it possible in the Performance mode and using FC7 to decrease the volume of part 1 and simultaneously to raise part 2?

Yes. The Controller Set settings have to be made in Voice mode, for the Voice being used by each Part. Set Source for the Foot Controller. Set Destination for Voice Volume. Set Depth to a positive value for one Voice and negative for the other Voice - adjust as needed to obtain the desired volume crossfade.

See pages 155 and 192 of the ES Owner’s Manual for details.

In addition, the Output Volume of the Voice used for Part 2 usually has to be reduced in Voice mode, to perhaps as low as 0 (zero). You might want to do that before adjusting the Controller Set parameters.

See page 190.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 15, 2018 @ 02:36 PM
Przemek
Total Posts:  2
Joined  01-24-2010

Thank you very much for your help . Everything works as I wanted.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 15, 2018 @ 05:12 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
Przemek - 15 February 2018 02:36 PM

Thank you very much for your help . Everything works as I wanted.

You’re welcome.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 21, 2018 @ 04:25 PM
Michiel D
Total Posts:  191
Joined  11-16-2009

Just posten a similar question. But my question is how to control a sound module (with an FC pedal) when playing in pattern mode. I connected the OUT from this module to AUDIO IN from the Motif ES, to use the effects of the ES. This works just fine. But now I want to control a parameter of this module with the pedal connected to the ES. But only influencing this parameter of the soundmodule (for example noise level, I can program this in the module, but this module doesn’t have a pedal input itself). Is this possible? And how to actieve this?

About the same ... the X/Y pad of the Motif ES controls the waveform of the module when the part/channel of the module is selected. How/ where can I change this (it would be nice to control the resonance with this panel for example....)

Thanks for help /advise!
Kind regards, Michiel

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 22, 2018 @ 01:26 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
Michiel D - 21 February 2018 04:25 PM

Just posten a similar question. But my question is how to control a sound module (with an FC pedal) when playing in pattern mode. I connected the OUT from this module to AUDIO IN from the Motif ES, to use the effects of the ES. This works just fine. But now I want to control a parameter of this module with the pedal connected to the ES. But only influencing this parameter of the soundmodule (for example noise level, I can program this in the module, but this module doesn’t have a pedal input itself). Is this possible? And how to actieve this?

It’s not possible to provide answers without knowing what the “soundmodule” is, and the MIDI Implementation (etc.) for it would need to be available.

Michiel D -

About the same ... the X/Y pad of the Motif ES controls the waveform of the module when the part/channel of the module is selected. How/ where can I change this (it would be nice to control the resonance with this panel for example....)

Sorry, but the Motif ES doesn’t have an “X/Y pad”. Perhaps you’re referring to the Ribbon Controller. Again, the module’s model and MIDI information is required before attempting to reply.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 01, 2018 @ 12:29 PM
Michiel D
Joined  11-16-2009

Excuse me for my French, of course I ment the ribbon controller...! The module is a DSI Tetra.
Would be very nice to open and close the filter of this module with the expression pedal ...

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 01, 2018 @ 02:05 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
Michiel D - 01 March 2018 12:29 PM

[...] The module is a DSI Tetra.
Would be very nice to open and close the filter of this module with the expression pedal ...

I downloaded this manual:
http://www.davesmithinstruments.com/downloads/tetra/doc/Tetra_Manual_v.1.3.pdf?x72411

On pages 48-49 (PDF pages 54-55) it provides lists of CC numbers which the Tetra can receive.

Pages 155-156 of the ES Owner’s Manual explain how to assign CC numbers to controllers, in various modes.

I’ll let you decide which Tetra Parameter you want to control. If you set the ES Foot Controller to send a CC message whose number matches what you want the Tetra to receive, it should work. If the ES can’t send the correct number, a MIDI Event Processor could be used to convert a message to one the Tetra needs.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 04, 2018 @ 05:38 PM
Michiel D
Joined  11-16-2009

Thanks 5pinDIN, I had some succes following this procedure. But also a problem occurs: the pedal control Numbers of the Motif ES are from 1 to 95. And the filter cutoff had CC number .... 105 ....  : ( (but I can control ‘some’ functions!).

In the TETRA you can program in each voice which parameter is controlled by the foot pedal.
So the ES doesn’t have to tell the TETRA which parameter is controlled by the FC1.
It just has to tell that the pedal is ‘on’ and which value (pedal is like a continues slider ...).
In the TETRA manual there is a list of Numbers called Received Controller Messages. And there it was, number ‘4’ corresponds to the foot controller. And now it works!  : )

Thanks for the advise, you pointes me in the right direction anyway!
Kind regards, Michiel

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 04, 2018 @ 08:01 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
Michiel D - 04 March 2018 05:38 PM

Thanks 5pinDIN,

You’re welcome.

Michiel D -

I had some succes following this procedure. But also a problem occurs: the pedal control Numbers of the Motif ES are from 1 to 95. And the filter cutoff had CC number .... 105 ....  : ( (but I can control ‘some’ functions!).

Yes, I’m aware of that. It’s why I said “If the ES can’t send the correct number, a MIDI Event Processor could be used to convert a message to one the Tetra needs.”

Michiel D -

In the TETRA you can program in each voice which parameter is controlled by the foot pedal.
So the ES doesn’t have to tell the TETRA which parameter is controlled by the FC1.
It just has to tell that the pedal is ‘on’ and which value (pedal is like a continues slider ...).
In the TETRA manual there is a list of Numbers called Received Controller Messages. And there it was, number ‘4’ corresponds to the foot controller. And now it works!  : )

Yes, the Received Controller Messages are on page 54 of the PDF, which I referred you to.

Michiel D -

Thanks for the advise, you pointes me in the right direction anyway!
Kind regards, Michiel

I’m glad you were able to accomplish what you needed.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ ES6: note repeat function?
Next Topic:

Foot controller only 1 MIDI channel (in pattern mode) ››