mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Which STAND, Mic Boom arm, note Sheet stand and laptop holder for MOXF8?"

Posted on: January 08, 2018 @ 06:49 PM
Dionysos
Total Posts:  46
Joined  01-07-2018

Hi Musical friends, I have some questions.

I have boiled it down to this:

Stand: K & M 18950 (table) as alternative to 18880 (Harmonica) or the Omega 18810, and the double legged x stand which probably will be in the way of the legs. Also the problem is that to adjoin accessories to the x stand and the 18880 seems tricky. With the omega 18810 it’s doable but one needs adaptors so the lesser weight of the stand is down weighed by the extra accessories. I have no car.

Accessories:

Mic Boom arm: K&M;18956

SHeet holder: K&M;18818 ( I considered Millenium MS-2002 N or the stacker K&M;18882 (which would require an adaptor K&M;18817), Stacker B BK (which might be useful for a laptop and as a sheet music holder but what do I know??).

Laptop holder: K&M;18815

Questions:

1) AM I good with choosing the K& M stand 18950 for the MOXF8 (though being heavy as compared to the 18880 which is very light aluminium (but I can’t see how acessories would fit)?

2) Can the sheet holder K&M;18818 be used for a laptop as well or is it too fragile? I also considered using a stacker for that but with this stand I wonder if the two arms will be too far apart for that. I read somewhere that a stacker could be used as a table and for notes too.
I ask because I might want to use my laptop for note reading for which reason placing it to the side of the keyboard, would be akward.

However there are times where I am going to need to read notes while sampling/mixing on the pc. In that case the extra laptop holder is useful. I guess that for controling external software sounds during a gig or so, having it on the side might make typing easier. No experience whatsoever with such a setup.I always recorded to a USB flash drive. Then transferred it into a pc (or my phone ;-) bad choice for editing though).

3) Regarding the Mic Boom arm: K&M;18956, won’t it block my view to the keyboard? As for now I use a regular stand, tripod, placed beside me or perhaps a bit behind my shoulder too.

4) Would someone suggest me a better setup?

Txs, Dino

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 08, 2018 @ 09:43 PM
Dionysos
Joined  01-07-2018

OK, since I am the impatient type who does not stop until things are done, I just ordered the whole shebang. I decided to stick with the 18950 stand, thus ordered the necessary acessories. I ordered them from two different web stores shhhhhhh.

Anyway if you have something then say it now or forever be silent ;-). I have a return option so…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 11, 2018 @ 12:27 AM
GravitonBlue
Total Posts:  127
Joined  02-14-2009

Dionysos,

I’m not familar with the K & M line of music stands but I did find these pictures on google which may help you visualize your keyboard stand setup.

Image Attachments
Stand02.jpgStand01.jpgStand03.jpg
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 11, 2018 @ 04:43 AM
Dionysos
Joined  01-07-2018

Thank you ☺️ And these photos exactly correspond with my findings. The adaptor 18954 for fixing the boom arm and the note holder (one for each) is only necessary in case the stacker 18952 is installed on the Table 18950. Else not.

D

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 13, 2018 @ 10:09 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
Dionysos - 08 January 2018 09:43 PM

OK, since I am the impatient type who does not stop until things are done, I just ordered the whole shebang. I decided to stick with the 18950 stand, thus ordered the necessary acessories. I ordered them from two different web stores shhhhhhh.

Anyway if you have something then say it now or forever be silent ;-). I have a return option so…

I think you made the correct choice. Many X-stands are notorious for failing - the failure mode depends on the design. Table type stands tend to be much more reliable.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 13, 2018 @ 12:11 PM
Dionysos
Joined  01-07-2018

Fine thanks :-)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 15, 2018 @ 04:10 AM
Michael Trigoboff
Total Posts:  647
Joined  09-05-2011

K&M;Omega is really the best alternative. I have one. Much more solid and stable than the table stands.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 15, 2018 @ 04:22 AM
Dionysos
Joined  01-07-2018

Ok txs. I just thought it would take up space when travelling. Flat but perhaps wide as I read. I bought a bag for the table. Guess I have to stick with that.

I read about an economic table that it was unstable. So perhaps 4 legs is a minus, except for the capability to adjust each leg separately in height.

I bought the book about synths some hours ago by the way. As kindle. ☺️

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Safely deleting a previously recorded song
Next Topic:

Refining Sound! Excellent Book! ››