mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Need help loading voice libraries via USB into XS"

Posted on: November 15, 2017 @ 04:36 PM
WakeSelf
Total Posts:  3
Joined  11-15-2017

I recently purchased some voice libraries.  Loaded them into a USB as instructed I go to voice> then file> \’f see they are showing up on the screen.  However I can’t figure out how to actually get to play them or how to actually load them in.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 15, 2017 @ 05:56 PM
WakeSelf
Joined  11-15-2017

Update**

I’m rather new with the Motif.  Mainly use drum machines.  I’ve been searching the internet for help.  I figured out how to load and save the voice libraries from my USB/flash drive.  However when I select save or load I am getting a “sample memory is full” message.  (I bought this XS used, not sure exactly what kind of flash board drive it has or how much space.  But I believe the original owner has installed some xtra voice libraries.  Can I delete some of the voice libraries to make space to add in what I want?  Or what is my best option? I don’t want to get another flash board at this time

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 15, 2017 @ 07:12 PM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011

The XS does not use Flash memory (like the XF), it uses optional DIMM Memory.

The DIMM Memory on the XS (if it has some, which yours seems to) is emptied each time the machine is powered down...no option here, it just happens.

Any VOICES that use the native samples (such as from 3rd Party Library sources) do not utilize the DIMM memory.  Only NEW sample data, for the VOICES that utilize it, use the DIMM memory resource.  The VOICES themselves are STORED in USER MEMORY VOICE BANKS within the XS itself, not on the DIMM memory.

Upon powering up and LOADING data into the DIMM modules, you are only able to LOAD as much data as the DIMM size will support.

Take a look at This Thread for some additional DIMM discussion.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 15, 2017 @ 10:32 PM
WakeSelf
Joined  11-15-2017

Okay. So how do I figure out how much Dimm memory I have?  When I try loading from myUSB it says memory is full.  And the library I’m uploading is less than a gig.  I’m not sure exactly why it’s not allowing me to load it.  I followed the instructions on the download manual.  (I’m trying to load the Rhodes library from motifator)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 15, 2017 @ 10:42 PM
cmayhle
Joined  10-05-2011
WakeSelf - 15 November 2017 10:32 PM

Okay. So how do I figure out how much Dimm memory I have?....

From page 296 of the Motif XS Owner’s Manual:

6 Check that the installed DIMMs are functioning
properly.

Set the MOTIF XS right-side up, and connect the power
cord to the rear-panel AC IN jack and an AC outlet. Turn
on the power, go to the Sampling display by pressing
the [INTEGRATED SAMPLING] button, and press the
[F6] Rec button then [SF6] INFO button (page 165). If
the DIMMs have been installed properly, the
appropriate available memory size is indicated in the
display.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 19, 2017 @ 01:54 PM
cmayhle
Joined  10-05-2011

I received a PM from WakeSelf as a continuation of this thread, which I am posting here to keep the Forum discussion as a benefit to all:

“Hey Man.  So I figured out the XS I have didn’t have Dimm installed.  I installed it, followed the directions to load the Sound Library from the USB stick.  It showed the loading screened, took bout 5-10 minutes to load.  Now I’m wondering how I locate the sounds I just loaded in?  I’m scrolling through my voice sound banks and can’t find them.”

The DIMM memory has nothing to do with the VOICES actually LOADING to USER slots in your machine.

Let’s back up a moment, what library (by name) are you trying to LOAD?

[ Ignore ]