mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "One Size Fits All Multi"

Posted on: October 08, 2017 @ 11:34 PM
tonygardner
Total Posts:  39
Joined  08-15-2015

Hello Motif Fans.

I’m wondering if it’s possible to have ONE multi that I use for my live performance.

Each voice/part would be a different instrument:
1. Full Concert Grand
2. Ballad Key
3. Dyno Straight MW+AS2
4. Marimba DX
5-16: etc, etc.

Each voice/part would be assigned its respective MIDI channel (1-16). No ARPs are enabled.

I am using an Arturia KeyLab88 MIDI Controller which has a LOT of knob and sliders. I’m imagining that I would be able to enable/disable voices using SysEx and/or simply adjust their volumes with CC#7.

As you can imagine, I would probably have lots of PAD choices so I can mix the perfect sound live.

This is what my knobs would look like if I wanted to just hear Channels 1 and 13 (Q’s are max):

Knobs:  Q O O O - O O O O - O..O..O..O - Q..O..O..O
Chan..:  1..2..3..4 - 5..6..7..8 - 9 10 11 12 - 13 14 15 16

The hardest part, of course, is to be able to have the Motif Rack XS process the voice/part on MIDI Channel 2 even though my keyboard is sending on Channel 1. I’ve tried setting my Receive Channel to “Omni” and have even tried some very cool software which allows me to redirect MIDI data from one channel to another, but so far, have not been able to get Channel 2-16 to produce output.

Any thoughts on this?

[ Ignore ]