mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Motif XF - Store Mix Data?"

Posted on: July 26, 2017 @ 05:27 PM
eisenfarn
Total Posts:  48
Joined  01-24-2011

Hi, I’m using songs on my XF which have been loaded from standard MIDI files, I set the voices I actually play on Track1 so the file actually changes the voices I need for that particular song. Most times the volume of the track is set by the MIDI data in the imported file, but on more complex songs I would like to set the volume “on the fly” and change it on the keyboard itself, to do this I remove the volumes (control 7 - main volume) from Track1 on the MIDI file and then import it to the keyboard as a song. I play the song and set the volume with the Track1 slider, then store the mix data.

The problem I have is that the volume only seems to save when the song is in track view and not in “Mixing” view, and when I use the master section to play the song, the volume defaults to 100 for track1. Can anyone point me at a workaround for this please?, thanks.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 26, 2017 @ 06:47 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
eisenfarn - 26 July 2017 05:27 PM

The problem I have is that the volume only seems to save when the song is in track view and not in “Mixing” view,

I’m not quite following you. Can you provide a detailed step-by-step example that illustrates the problem?

eisenfarn -

and when I use the master section to play the song, the volume defaults to 100 for track1. Can anyone point me at a workaround for this please?, thanks.

Have you seen this?…
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/478368/

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 26, 2017 @ 09:14 PM
eisenfarn
Total Posts:  48
Joined  01-24-2011

Hi, thank you for your swift reply.

I’ve read the article in the link you sent and I can successfully change the volume of Track1 in the master section, so I’m OK with that as all my songs are used via the master section. It does override any volume changes saved in song mode as long as there arent any volume control codes in the MIDI file itself. Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 26, 2017 @ 10:02 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
eisenfarn - 26 July 2017 09:14 PM

Hi, thank you for your swift reply.

I’ve read the article in the link you sent and I can successfully change the volume of Track1 in the master section, so I’m OK with that as all my songs are used via the master section. It does override any volume changes saved in song mode as long as there arent any volume control codes in the MIDI file itself. Thanks

You’re welcome - I’m glad my earlier thread resolved your problem.

[ Ignore ]