mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Move voice between different directories"

Posted on: May 24, 2017 @ 05:39 PM
WaddyP
Total Posts:  65
Joined  08-19-2009

I have a voice in one .Xoa (all file) file that I want to use in a different .Xoa (all file).
For example: In All file Funk.Xoa I have a voice (User 3:065(E01) that I want to use when I load my; All file JT.Xoa.

I have 2 different setups for 2 different bands that I load for gigs.

How do I get that voice (User 3:065(E01) from the Funk.Xoa file to go into the All file JT.Xoa to be available when I load that.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 24, 2017 @ 06:07 PM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011
WaddyP - 24 May 2017 05:39 PM

I have a voice in one .Xoa (all file) file that I want to use in a different .Xoa (all file).
For example: In All file Funk.Xoa I have a voice (User 3:065(E01) that I want to use when I load my; All file JT.Xoa.

I have 2 different setups for 2 different bands that I load for gigs.

How do I get that voice (User 3:065(E01) from the Funk.Xoa file to go into the All file JT.Xoa to be available when I load that.

Be sure to back-up your machine first!

LOAD the target (JT.Xoa) ALL file to your machine.

From your source (Funk.Xoa), select the VOICE you wish to LOAD, and direct it to a USER VOICE location.

SAVE a new ALL File, which will be JT.Xoa + (1) new VOICE.  This can become your new JT.Xoa All File, for regular use.

LOADING a single VOICE is covered on page 274 of the Motif XS Owner’s Manual.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 24, 2017 @ 07:28 PM
WaddyP
Joined  08-19-2009

Yes, I want to load a single voice from the Funk .Xoa to the JT.Xoa file and the above procedure doesn’t seem to work.

I am trying to figure it out from the file management section on page 272 in the manual but that doesn’t seem to have clear steps to do it either.  Still no luck

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 24, 2017 @ 07:35 PM
cmayhle
Joined  10-05-2011

Perhaps you could let us know a bit more specifically where the procedure seems to go off-road?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 25, 2017 @ 02:10 PM
WaddyP
Joined  08-19-2009

I have a voice that is in this file:Funkranomicon.Xoa

It has a voice in it: Jazz Voice that I would like to use as an element in another file: JT.Xoa

I can’t seem to get that voice to be copied over into the JT.Xoa so that I can use it as an element in a performance when I load the JT.Xoa file

Image Attachments
Funk.jpgJazz voice.jpgJT.jpg
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 25, 2017 @ 04:41 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
cmayhle - 24 May 2017 06:07 PM

[...] LOADING a single VOICE is covered on page 274 of the Motif XS Owner’s Manual.

Perhaps we have different versions of the manual, but with both the paper version and PDF version (motifxs_en_om_e0.pdf) I have, the information isn’t on page 274. Loading a specific Voice from an “all” or “all voice” file begins on page 280 and continues on page 281 in what I have.

WaddyP - 25 May 2017 02:10 PM

I have a voice that is in this file:Funkranomicon.Xoa

It has a voice in it: Jazz Voice that I would like to use as an element in another file: JT.Xoa

You should be able to load the “Jazz Vox” Voice using the Loading a specific Voice from an “all” or “all voice” file procedure. If that Voice uses any samples from the Funkranomicon.X0A (which has over 150 MB of them), they should get loaded with the Voice.

WaddyP -

I can’t seem to get that voice to be copied over into the JT.Xoa so that I can use it as an element in a performance when I load the JT.Xoa file

I presume you want to use the Voice for a Part in a Performance. Once the Voice is is loaded, that certainly can be done.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 25, 2017 @ 08:32 PM
cmayhle
Joined  10-05-2011
5pinDIN - 25 May 2017 04:41 PM
cmayhle - 24 May 2017 06:07 PM

[...] LOADING a single VOICE is covered on page 274 of the Motif XS Owner’s Manual.

Perhaps we have different versions of the manual, but with both the paper version and PDF version (motifxs_en_om_e0.pdf) I have, the information isn’t on page 274. Loading a specific Voice from an “all” or “all voice” file begins on page 280 and continues on page 281 in what I have.

Yes, “covered” not a good choice of words right there 5pinDIN!  Should have said identified, outlined, or noted.

Still not sure exactly where the OP is going awry, but hopefully he will fill in the blanks.  Could be just the act of identifying the specific source VOICE and the destination USER location...in the correct boxes...is the issue.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Extra note firing
Next Topic:

No sound from Motif XS ››