mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Live in the US, ordered Motif XF8 from Japan. Do I need a power transformer?"

Posted on: March 24, 2017 @ 07:58 PM
neren
Total Posts:  2
Joined  03-24-2017

Hello,

I live in the United States and just purchased a brand new Motif XF8 (which was very hard to find!) from Japan. I bought it from a Japanese eBay store with 100% positive reviews. In the item description, it says “A down transformer is needed!”

I’m wondering what kind of transformer, if any, I need to buy to ensure that my new Motif works safely and properly here in the states once it arrives. Does anyone know?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 24, 2017 @ 08:35 PM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011

Have you tried contacting the seller and asking that question?  That would be the starting place for me.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 24, 2017 @ 08:38 PM
neren
Total Posts:  2
Joined  03-24-2017
cmayhle - 24 March 2017 08:35 PM

Have you tried contacting the seller and asking that question?  That would be the starting place for me.

Yep, I messaged them, haven’t heard back yet. Thought maybe someone here has had some experience with this and could shed some light on the subject. Or perhaps I’m the only American (soon-to-be) owner of a Japanese Motif O_o

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 24, 2017 @ 08:55 PM
philwoodmusic
Total Posts:  1055
Joined  07-01-2013

Hi neren,

Did you have to run what they’ve said through some kind of online translator? or maybe they did?

I’m struggling to understand what “A down transformer is needed” actually means.

I had a very funny experience in the 90s when I was privy to the first draft localisation of a Roland instruction manual direct from Japan.  It was talking about a stand you had to screw together. To our shock and horror, it came back from Japan with the word f*** each time, instead of screw.

What I’m saying is that it might just mean that you need to buy the appropriate power cord or something really simple.

It could actually mean a Step Down Transformer now I think about it.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 25, 2017 @ 08:05 AM
Mironoff
Total Posts:  23
Joined  11-12-2011

Look at here:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/464486

[ Ignore ]