mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Cubase XF editor Screwing up Performances……Help"

Posted on: February 26, 2017 @ 01:46 PM
bunzi1964
Total Posts:  82
Joined  12-09-2012

Hi, I recently tried out Cubase 9 with the Xf editor.....works nice and still learning, but 1 big problem.

When i’m done and disconnected, My performances that i have a LOT of time in developing get screwed up.  (only using the USB cable to do MIDI, no fire wire)

It seems as though the only performances that get screwed up are the performances that have a “sample” in them. These samples are on the flash expansion boards that are installed.

When hitting the key that triggers the sample in the performance mode, i just get a note.....no sample. The link to the sample is gone.

After I restore all the files to user (without sample)..... everything is fine again. Did this 3x, always same problem.

Any Ideas as to what is going on? Is this a setup issue on my end with ports or something?

When the vst editor syc’s up and does a bulk data exchange....something is not going right in that exchange? I always open up the editor in song mode with the motif set to song made as well.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Paul S.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 27, 2017 @ 01:44 AM
zpink
Total Posts:  427
Joined  08-02-2014

Hi

I have a MOXF, but I would assume that it works the same with the Motif editor.
The first time when in a new Cubase project, make sure that you sync the voices in the direction FROM the Motif TO the PC/Editor.
I don’t load new voices any longer, so I have this now saved in my template.
Then once you’ve started to work in Cubase, make sure that you only sync [Current]from PC to Motif and not [Global] or [Voices].

If you’ve loaded or changed voices that you intend to use, then of course you need to sync them again from the Motif to the PC.

If this doesn’t make sense, then I guess my assumption was wrong and the editors are different.

Best of luck!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 27, 2017 @ 11:25 AM
bunzi1964
Joined  12-09-2012

Hi Z,
Ok, it does make sense, as you can tell the editor how to sync.
Will try this.

One thing that does comes to mind is when I loaded the recorded “samples” into the motif, they do have to go into a user voice bank.....(but stored on the flash card).........maybe that’s the issue, where that voice bank can’t sync from motif to pc?

So the sample never goes into the pc because the editor is not designed for that? Then when it sync’s back from pc to motif, that sample doesn’t come back to the voice bank or something like that? Hmmm.

I think you have the right idea with this. Will try this and experiment with the sync directions and what to sync.

Thanks for the input!

Paul S.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 27, 2017 @ 11:44 AM
zpink
Joined  08-02-2014

I THINK it’s the same on Motif. Your new voice will be stored in user voices and any samples they use will be stored on the flash memory.
The editor won’t pull the samples over since it doesn’t generate any sound itself.

It’s very handy with the VST editor since any tweaks to the voices are remembered even if not saved to the synth. :-)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 28, 2017 @ 12:14 AM
bunzi1964
Joined  12-09-2012

Hi Z,
I just tried you advice, and you are correct! I was syncing to much info.

Everything is working correctly now and the performances have not lost the samples. I hit the key and the sample is still there as it should be.

Cant tell you how much i appreciate your help, I was ready to give up on the editor.

Thanks again for the great advice!

Paul S.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 28, 2017 @ 02:51 AM
zpink
Joined  08-02-2014

Awesome, glad it worked out for you.
Giving up on the editor would’ve been a shame. :-)

[ Ignore ]