mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Clipping in S700 sample?"

Posted on: January 21, 2017 @ 07:48 PM
msavard
Total Posts:  200
Joined  07-22-2004

I never noticed it before but it seems like the free s700 sound has one sample that clips.It is waveform 0002 S700MedSt notes A#2-B2. It is very pronounced. I tried to go in and edit the sample but it won’t let me do that. Can I alter the sample to it excludes this one?

Thanks.
Matt

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 21, 2017 @ 09:36 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

I’d like to try to verify what you’re describing, but first let’s determine which sample you’re referring to.

If I load XSpandYourWorld All.X0A in entirety, then S700 for XS is located at USR1/A01. In that case, the S700MedSt Waveform, used by Elements 2 and 4 of that Voice, is Waveform #0052. Of course, Waveform numbering is dependent on order of loading, and perhaps you didn’t load the entire XSpandYourWorld All.X0A.

For S700MedSt I’m looking at, KeyBank #19 covers A#2-B2. Indeed, you can’t edit any of the S700 samples, they’re copy protected. (Please let’s not rehash why Yamaha did that - see http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/442436/ )

Presuming we’re listening to the same thing, I don’t hear a particular problem with S700MedSt A#2-B2 on my XS6. The quality sounds similar to other notes above and below.

Are you listening on speakers? Sometimes there can be something loose, an item nearby resonating, etc. Is what you’re hearing noticeable if you listen on only headphones?

Could you post a short recording (just a few notes) which shows how A#2-B2 “clips” in comparison to other notes on your XS?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 22, 2017 @ 12:26 AM
msavard
Joined  07-22-2004

Thank you for your help. In the attached MP# file you will hear the problem on the third and fourth notes. That is the A# and B. There is no velocity response on the samples, they are played straight from the sampler screen. Also, attached is the screen from the keyboard showing where the sample is being played from.

M

Image Attachments
motifscreen.jpg
File Attachments
untitled.mp3  (File Size: 138KB - Downloads: 220)
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 22, 2017 @ 01:42 AM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010

Based on the screen display, it certainly appears that we’re using the same samples. However, the “clicks” I’m hearing at A#2 and B2 on your recording aren’t evident when I play the same notes on my XS6.

Since you mentioned that you hadn’t noticed the problem previously, I suspect a couple of possibilities…
1) The file being used to load your XS might be corrupted.
--- or ---
2) The SDRAM (DIMMs) may have developed a defect.

I presume you’re loading a customized “All” file (which I hope you have backup copies of - if not, make one or more). I suggest powering off/on the XS, reloading the file or a backup of it, and see if the problem persists. If it does, try loading the XSpandYourWorld All.X0A file (http://www.motifator.com/storage/softwareupdates/XSpand_Your_World_All.zip) in entirety, and check the S700 for XS Voice and Waveform 0052.

Let us know what you determine.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 22, 2017 @ 06:56 PM
msavard
Joined  07-22-2004

Oh, great suggestion! It was a corrupted file somehow. I loaded up the samples from another file and it all sounds fine. Thank you!!

Matt

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 22, 2017 @ 07:25 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
msavard - 22 January 2017 06:56 PM

Oh, great suggestion! It was a corrupted file somehow. I loaded up the samples from another file and it all sounds fine. Thank you!!

Matt

You’re welcome - I’m glad that’s all there was to it.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Connect XS to NAS by LAN
Next Topic:

UAD Twin & Cubase & Motif XS ! ››