mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Please help me ASAP ….Unrecognized Flash Memory module…."

Posted on: January 06, 2017 @ 10:00 PM
kvt
Total Posts:  78
Joined  04-30-2011

Hi guys I am in big problem! Please help..

I am getting message on MOXF 6 - “Unrecognized Flash memory module please format that” after installing Flash memory module which I was using it and programmed on MOTIf XF..!!!
I want to use waveforms on this flash memory module which I have sampled and programmed on MOTIF XF,
What to do ???
I cannot format it as it is loaded with my samples and Moxf is not recognizing it....

Please help ASAP .. Tomorrow I have show and I am stuck now..

Many thanks in advance..

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 06, 2017 @ 10:51 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

What is happening is normal. You can’t transfer a Motif XF formatted flash module into a MOXF and expect to access data on it. The format for the Motif XF is different than that for the MOXF.

If you must use the MOXF rather than the Motif XF…

Unless you’ve already saved an “All” file “with sample” on the Motif XF, you should put the module back in the XF and save that .X3A file.

You could then move the flash module to the MOXF, format it, and load the .X3A file with sample.

When done with the show, you could move the flash module back to the Motif XF, format it, and load the .X3A file with sample again.

Obviously, having a flash module in both models would make things much easier.

By the way, compatibility between the XF and MOXF has limitations. For what will transfer from a .X3A file, see http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/478546/

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 07, 2017 @ 07:30 AM
kvt
Joined  04-30-2011

Ohhhh....:(
I use Motif Xf in my studio and I have brought new MoXf to play it in my live shows.
Because of John Mela on computer in my studio and other ease of all other connectivity it is easier to program ( and sampling) on my Motif xf in my studio.
I have created my live sound sets in song mixing mode on Motif XF
So basically I want to transfer my songs (from Motif XF to MoXF) with just Voice assigned on tracks( from which some of Voices uses my own samples(Waveforms) from FL1 -my flash memory module on Motif Xf)
So there were two problems :- 1) moxf didn’t recognised flash memory module from Motif Xf for which you explained above - Thank you !  2) I couldn’t see my songs on X3A all file on Moxf !!
Now I read that we can not transfer song from Motif XF to Moxf.....
With great hope I brought Moxf that I will regularly work like this - programming/ sampling / writing songs on Motif XF in studio and will keep transferring data from Motif XF to Moxf…
Please advise - Which is the best and easiest way to do this?

Thank you very much for valuable help as always ..Really appreciate it.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 07, 2017 @ 09:37 AM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
kvt - 07 January 2017 07:30 AM

[...] With great hope I brought Moxf that I will regularly work like this - programming/ sampling / writing songs on Motif XF in studio and will keep transferring data from Motif XF to Moxf…
Please advise - Which is the best and easiest way to do this?

As you now understand, sequencer data isn’t directly compatible between the two models. To transfer Song/Pattern data, including Mixings, requires some effort, but it can be done. See http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/477834

kvt - 07 January 2017 07:30 AM

Thank you very much for valuable help as always ..Really appreciate it.

You’re very welcome.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 07, 2017 @ 10:17 AM
kvt
Joined  04-30-2011

Thank you very much ..
I got it roughly in my head how to do whole thing! I will start working on this from next week! Let’s see how far I am reaching otherwise I may trouble you again!!:)
Tc

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 20, 2017 @ 02:40 PM
kvt
Joined  04-30-2011

I really want to thank you all and especially 5pinDIN. Finally I have programmed and sample all my sounds in Motif XF with the help of great John Mela’s Waveform editor software also successfully transferred all my sounds to MOXF from Motif XF (again with help of amazing John Mela’s Total Librarian software).

I couldn’t have done this faster without help of this great forum and specially 5pinDIN and John Mela software.. Thank you all..

Last question/ issue- In one of my Santur (Indian hammered dulcimer)I have used Trill arpeggiator which triggered by higher velocity. It is working perfect in VOICE but when I am using it in SONG MODE arpeggiator is not working(in MOXF). I checked every parameters and all looks exactly same.. !
Please guide me where it is wrong?
Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 20, 2017 @ 04:38 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010

I’m glad to help when I can, and I’m sure others who participate here feel the same way.

kvt - 20 January 2017 02:40 PM

[...] In one of my Santur (Indian hammered dulcimer)I have used Trill arpeggiator which triggered by higher velocity. It is working perfect in VOICE but when I am using it in SONG MODE arpeggiator is not working(in MOXF). I checked every parameters and all looks exactly same.. !

Please be more specific - exactly what does “is not working(in MOXF)” mean? Does the Arp not trigger at all, or not at the desired velocity, or is it not the correct Arp, or something else?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 20, 2017 @ 05:30 PM
kvt
Joined  04-30-2011
Please be more specific - exactly what does “is not working(in MOXF)” mean? Does the Arp not trigger at all, or not at the desired velocity, or is it not the correct Arp, or something else?

It not getting triggered… ! Generally in VOICE mode when I play note with higher velocity it triggers trill Arp but in Song mode it doesn’t trigger in song mode when I play with higher velocity.

Thank you

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 20, 2017 @ 06:11 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010

Things to check…
1) Be sure to turn Parameter with Voice on before selecting the Voice for the Part in the Song Mixing. If P.WithVce is turned on after selecting the Voice, temporarily select another Voice and then reselect the one you want. That will ensure Arpeggio and other Voice settings are copied to the Part. See page 117 of the MOXF Reference Manual.

2) Verify that the default Arp number is the same in Voice mode and the Song Part. I don’t know what the MOXF does - with the XF, copied Arps default to Arp1, no matter which Arp is the default in the Voice it was copied from, and the correct Arp has to be manually selected and then the Mix stored.

If the above doesn’t solve the problem, perhaps you could attach a zipped “All Song” .X6S file. Maybe somebody could look over your Mix - I would do it, but unfortunately I don’t have a way of displaying that MOXF data.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 21, 2017 @ 12:37 AM
kvt
Joined  04-30-2011

Thank you 5pinDIN..

Let me work on it on what you have advised me !

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Motif xf libraries for MOXF
Next Topic:

yamaha moxf copy arp3 to arp6 ››