mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "MOXF Song mode track names"

Posted on: December 02, 2016 @ 10:10 PM
kvt
Total Posts:  78
Joined  04-30-2011

Hi guys need some help…

I am planning to buy MOXF for using it in live shows. I have MOTIF XF in my studio!
I just had a quick look into MOXF as my friend brought it and I have understood that we cannot view track names (sound names ) in song mode while we are performing live! Am I right? If i am wrong can you please guide me how can I see all sounds (all 16 track sounds) name which has been assign to each track? If we cannot see names how can we perform live and change sounds in song mode??

Thank you in advance

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 03, 2016 @ 05:42 AM
jozsihome
Total Posts:  94
Joined  11-28-2015

Yes, due to the screen size limitation, when selecting song mode, you cannot see program names set up for each of the tracks.
If you press Mixing after Song you see category abbreviations such as OR, LD or PD above the tracks. After that you can press F2 (Voice) and you will see voice number and bank (in MSB/LSB format) information as well and the full voice name only for the track selected.
In Edit mode, again, you can see the full name only for the selected track.
I’m afraid thats all. You can choose between learn your setups or use some additional help such as printed guide or the same via a tablet.
There are iPad editors for Moxf but AFAIK only for voice and perf mode and not for song/mixing mode.
There is a windows based MOXF Mix Editor from the Melas package if you are comfortable in live with a separate windows tablet or notebook and only one USB cable. Good news that the editor screen is refreshed automatically in 2-3 seconds when changing songs on the board. In the mixing editor you can follow the track/voice names for all the 16 tracks without any navigation. Hope that helps.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 04, 2016 @ 02:01 AM
kvt
Joined  04-30-2011
jozsihome - 03 December 2016 05:42 AM

Yes, due to the screen size limitation, when selecting song mode, you cannot see program names set up for each of the tracks.
If you press Mixing after Song you see category abbreviations such as OR, LD or PD above the tracks. After that you can press F2 (Voice) and you will see voice number and bank (in MSB/LSB format) information as well and the full voice name only for the track selected.
In Edit mode, again, you can see the full name only for the selected track.
I’m afraid thats all. You can choose between learn your setups or use some additional help such as printed guide or the same via a tablet.
There are iPad editors for Moxf but AFAIK only for voice and perf mode and not for song/mixing mode.
There is a windows based MOXF Mix Editor from the Melas package if you are comfortable in live with a separate windows tablet or notebook and only one USB cable. Good news that the editor screen is refreshed automatically in 2-3 seconds when changing songs on the board. In the mixing editor you can follow the track/voice names for all the 16 tracks without any navigation. Hope that helps.

Wow! Compleat information ... thanks a million ... thank you for your detailed reply..God bless.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 04, 2016 @ 03:51 PM
jozsihome
Total Posts:  94
Joined  11-28-2015

I am glad to have been of some help :-)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 04, 2016 @ 05:30 PM
nbadesign
Total Posts:  994
Joined  08-20-2007

There are Yamaha apps intended for Song/mixing mode.
The first one is Multi Editor where you have along with mixer, effect and master EQ also transport buttons for sequencer (see attached photo).
Next one is Set List, from where you could send Program changes to your instrument(s) according to your particular song (see second photo).

Alex

File Attachments
YamahaApps.zip  (File Size: 3336KB - Downloads: 117)
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 07, 2016 @ 06:03 PM
kvt
Joined  04-30-2011
nbadesign - 04 December 2016 05:30 PM

There are Yamaha apps intended for Song/mixing mode.
The first one is Multi Editor where you have along with mixer, effect and master EQ also transport buttons for sequencer (see attached photo).
Next one is Set List, from where you could send Program changes to your instrument(s) according to your particular song (see second photo).

Alex

Thank you for this but I didn’t see all track program names!

After going through all the options you people advised me I am feeling that it is much better to create track program name list on XL (Microsoft office) and just keep it on tablet. The advantage in this is that I can also read program/voice names assigned in next or previous song as well ( if I want to use particular sound /voice/program) from any other songs. I can scroll page to find other voices in any song or even can search that voice as well (within that page on tablet)!!

Let me know if I am on right track!!

Thank you all once again..

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Leslie acceleration
Next Topic:

Power Surge Question ››