mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Motif Rack: “Unsplitting” the PRE1 073 Jazz Split voice"

Posted on: September 09, 2016 @ 08:13 AM
J1000
Total Posts:  3
Joined  09-09-2016

Hello, folks. I am using a Motif Rack. I am trying to create a MULTI where I will have a split - a bass sound on the left, and an organ sound on the right. I have been able to do this. However, the organ sound I prefer is the PRE1 073 Jazz Split (the sound on the right in this split is the one I want to use).

I would like to use that organ sound in my MULTI. I am able to create a MULTI with this organ sound and a bass sound. The problem is that I am not able to move the split point around. I have to keep the same split point that the Jazz Split preset has, which is Middle C.

Is there a way to Edit this Jazz Split Voice? Can I remove the organ sound on the left of the Jazz Split? So that this Voice will only have the right-hand sound? Then I could save it in my User bank, under a new name. And I could create a MULTI from that. Then I would be able to set my Bass/Organ split point wherever I wanted.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

- Jon

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 09, 2016 @ 09:58 AM
stoneb3
Total Posts:  851
Joined  06-05-2011

Edit Jazz Split in Voice mode at the element level. Determine which element(s) control the left side, turn them off. Edit the remaining elements key range settings as desired, likely full range, and store the voice to a User location. Install and edit in your Multi as you’ve done.

Welcome to Motifator.

Stone

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 09, 2016 @ 04:08 PM
J1000
Joined  09-09-2016

Thanks Stone. Is it possible to do this with the controls on the Motif Rack, or do I need to use the voice editor on my computer?

Thanks -Jon

stoneb3 - 09 September 2016 09:58 AM

Edit Jazz Split in Voice mode at the element level. Determine which element(s) control the left side, turn them off. Edit the remaining elements key range settings as desired, likely full range, and store the voice to a User location. Install and edit in your Multi as you’ve done.

Welcome to Motifator.

Stone

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 09, 2016 @ 04:47 PM
stoneb3
Total Posts:  851
Joined  06-05-2011
J1000 - 09 September 2016 04:08 PM

Is it possible to do this with the controls on the Motif Rack, or do I need to use the voice editor on my computer?

You’re welcome Jon,
Yes what you wish to accomplish is possible with the unit itself. Pages 37 to 39 in the Owners Manual will explain in better detail. Also have a look at the included reference section, page 64.

In subsequent models I know that the Editor is required for some operations, I don’t know if or where that line is drawn with the original Motif Rack. However if you are skilled with using the Editor(s) via computer you may find it to be a bit easier. Let us know of any problems you may encounter.

Stone

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 10, 2016 @ 04:52 AM
J1000
Joined  09-09-2016
stoneb3 - 09 September 2016 04:47 PM
J1000 - 09 September 2016 04:08 PM

Is it possible to do this with the controls on the Motif Rack, or do I need to use the voice editor on my computer?

You’re welcome Jon,
Yes what you wish to accomplish is possible with the unit itself. Pages 37 to 39 in the Owners Manual will explain in better detail. Also have a look at the included reference section, page 64.

In subsequent models I know that the Editor is required for some operations, I don’t know if or where that line is drawn with the original Motif Rack. However if you are skilled with using the Editor(s) via computer you may find it to be a bit easier. Let us know of any problems you may encounter.

Stone

Okay, thanks for the help. I’m putting my MULTI splits together now. Pretty easy once you see how to do it. Thanks!

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Replacement screen
Next Topic:

Emergency! (Bulk dump) how to... ››