mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "ARPs Frequently Get Out of Sync"

Posted on: August 29, 2016 @ 04:10 PM
tonygardner
Total Posts:  39
Joined  08-15-2015

Hello Again.

I’m continuing my long journey in quest of the perfect MULTI…

Most of my multis have 3-4 ARPs enabled, so it can get pretty interesting sometimes. Typically, I will have drums on 1, bass on 2 and guitar or other fillers on 3 and 4.

For the most part, I find it really enjoyable playing my multi, as it forces me to learn how to be more accurate in my fingerings and timing. So, barring sour notes and off-beat key presses, can anyone thing of a reason why the instruments sometimes get disjointed from one another?

I’m assuming this has something to do with the concept of a MIDI Clock, but I only have one device putting out sound (the XS Rack), so I’m not sure what the correct settings are. I DO have two MIDI controllers - one on Channel 1 and one on Channel 5. My connections are fairly simple. I have the XS Rack connected to my MacBook Pro via USB, so MIDI IN/OUT is set to ‘USB’. I then have a 5-pin DIN MIDI cable coming out of one controller, into another, then straight into the MIDI IN port on the back of the XS Rack.

Any suggestions on how I can make my live performances more disaster proof? It’s really kind of awkward when I have to stop everything and restart the song, especially in the middle of a church service.

Thanks!
Tony G.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 23, 2016 @ 12:13 AM
tonygardner
Total Posts:  39
Joined  08-15-2015

On hindsight, I think perhaps the problem I was having (not so much any more) was that the ARP Quantize was set to inconsistent values. For example, if the drums are set to quantize at 480 (quarter notes), it didn’t work well to have the bass set for dotted thirty second notes.

I am still, however, confused as to the difference between the top quantize setting and the bottom (common) one. Any insights of course would be appreciated!

Tony

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Cornet sound required.
Next Topic:

MOTIF RACK XS HELP! ››