mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "How to assign Cutoff knob to Part 3 in a “Zoned” Master XF"

Posted on: August 29, 2016 @ 03:21 PM
keyman@usa.net
Total Posts:  77
Joined  07-28-2006

Greetings,
I’ve setup a Master “Zoned” for Performance Control. As intended it allows quick selection between the two zones, zone 1 and zone 3. Zone 3 is for a soloing voice.

I’d like the Master to recall a setup where the Cutoff knob affects Zone 3. It seems to default to zone 1. I can push a series buttons to edit, then select part to control the cutoff for zone 3 but that has more button pushes than selecting between two separate Masters.

I appreciate any help pointing out the piece or concept I’ve overlooked.

I’ve referenced the following from these sources

https://yamahasynth.com/resources/understanding-master-mode/295-understanding-master-mode
[search for “If your MASTER program is a “Zoned” setup “ to find the pertinent section]

http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/468178/

[search for “You can easily switch between controlling Zones"]

My choice of terms and phrases for searches in this forum were unproductive

Thx

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 30, 2016 @ 06:40 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
keyman@usa.net - 29 August 2016 03:21 PM

[...] https://yamahasynth.com/resources/understanding-master-mode/295-understanding-master-mode
[search for “If your MASTER program is a “Zoned” setup “ to find the pertinent section][...]

Also on page 10 of…
http://www.motifator.com/storage/support/XF_MasterMode.pdf

Since you referred to that information, did you actually set Knob Control Assign to “Zone”? If not, what is it set to?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 30, 2016 @ 07:07 AM
keyman@usa.net
Joined  07-28-2006
5pinDIN - 30 August 2016 06:40 AM
keyman@usa.net - 29 August 2016 03:21 PM

[...] https://yamahasynth.com/resources/understanding-master-mode/295-understanding-master-mode
[search for “If your MASTER program is a “Zoned” setup “ to find the pertinent section][...]

Also on page 10 of…
http://www.motifator.com/storage/support/XF_MasterMode.pdf

Since you referred to that information, did you actually set Knob Control Assign to “Zone”? If not, what is it set to?

Yes it is set to “Zone"on Master Edit - Common screen

tried to attach a photo 3.2 MB, must have been the wrong format

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 30, 2016 @ 09:25 AM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
keyman@usa.net - 30 August 2016 07:07 AM

OK, I presume as in the first screen shot on page 10 of the PDF I linked to.

What did you set the Control Knob No. for Zone 3 to? (See the second screen shot on that PDF’s page 10.) If you set it to CC# 74, Brightness, the associated knob will control Zone 3 cutoff frequency.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 30, 2016 @ 09:58 AM
keyman@usa.net
Joined  07-28-2006
5pinDIN - 30 August 2016 09:25 AM
keyman@usa.net - 30 August 2016 07:07 AM

OK, I presume as in the first screen shot on page 10 of the PDF I linked to.

What did you set the Control Knob No. for Zone 3 to? (See the second screen shot on that PDF’s page 10.) If you set it to CC# 74, Brightness, the associated knob will control Zone 3 cutoff frequency.

Confirmed that Knob Control Assign is set to “zone”.

Have now set Control Knob No. to “74”.  [had been looking for ‘cutoff’, being too literal]

Saved the Master with these changes. The behavior is still the same, controlling the PAN of Zone 1.

I should have mentioned that I’ve assigned Zone 1 to Midi channel 1 and Zone 3 to Midi channel 3.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 30, 2016 @ 01:03 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
keyman@usa.net - 30 August 2016 09:58 AM

Have now set Control Knob No. to “74”.  [had been looking for ‘cutoff’, being too literal]

Saved the Master with these changes. The behavior is still the same, controlling the PAN of Zone 1.

I should have mentioned that I’ve assigned Zone 1 to Midi channel 1 and Zone 3 to Midi channel 3.

The Master Play display should show a row of eight knobs on top, and a row of eight sliders below them. With Control Knob No. for Zone 3 set to 74, the third knob on the display should be labeled “Bright”. Is it?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 30, 2016 @ 03:06 PM
keyman@usa.net
Joined  07-28-2006
5pinDIN - 30 August 2016 01:03 PM
keyman@usa.net - 30 August 2016 09:58 AM

The Master Play display should show a row of eight knobs on top, and a row of eight sliders below them. With Control Knob No. for Zone 3 set to 74, the third knob on the display should be labeled “Bright”. Is it?

Yes it is! Thank YOU!

I was assuming the Bright would be associated with Knob 1. This has helped clear up a couple of misunderstandings about how these work.

Much Appreciated!

--RJ

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 30, 2016 @ 03:26 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
keyman@usa.net - 30 August 2016 03:06 PM

Yes it is! Thank YOU!

I was assuming the Bright would be associated with Knob 1. This has helped clear up a couple of misunderstandings about how these work.

Much Appreciated!

--RJ

You’re welcome!

Just to clarify this for anyone else…
When Knob Control Assign is set to “zone”, none of the LEDs for SELECTED PART CONTROL or MULTI PART CONTROL will be lit, and the panel markings for the knobs should be ignored - the display will indicate the function of each of the eight knobs (and sliders), which correspond to the eight Zones.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Sampling Question on XF
Next Topic:

Piano Sound Recommendations ››