mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Sequencing from Classic (master) to XF (slave)"

Posted on: August 13, 2016 @ 03:54 AM
keyinstigat0r
Total Posts:  2
Joined  11-18-2010

How do I make the Classic (master) sequencer play certain tracks thru it’s internal tone generator only, without triggering the corresponding tracks on the XF (slave) in a song. I can get the Classic to play XF tracks only and change the volume with controller 04. But, I can’t get the Classic to play it’s internal tracks without triggering the same track channel on the XF. As I have some 600 songs, and play a solo gig where a set list isn’t possible, therefore, time is of the essence between songs, and, the combination of track configurations between the two keyboards is in the thousands; setting up, storing, calling up, and managing that number of templates would be much worse than reading this run-on sentence. I realize that the issue is Yamaha’s usage of midi to control the internal generator. I am hoping they set something up so that the Classic can differentiate between the tracks it plays internally and the ones it plays externally, without having to set-up and manage a template for every song on the slave keyboard (XF). And, that it can be saved in each sequence on the Classic. I hope it is possible. Thanks.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 13, 2016 @ 09:34 AM
meatballfulton
Total Posts:  3022
Joined  01-25-2005

See p.182 of the Motif Reference Manual about seting the Output Channel.

All the Motif sequencers allow each sequencer track to drive only the internal sound engine, only external MIDI or both.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 13, 2016 @ 09:58 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Models after the Classic (ES/XS/XF) have Output Switch settings, allowing MIDI data to be turned on or off per track for internal and external play. Unfortunately, the Classic doesn’t have that capability.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 13, 2016 @ 12:44 PM
keyinstigat0r
Total Posts:  2
Joined  11-18-2010

Thanks 5pinDIN. I thought that was the case. Bummer

[ Ignore ]