mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Stutter effect with MOXF?"

Posted on: June 24, 2016 @ 04:03 PM
kid_invincible
Total Posts:  2
Joined  06-24-2016

I’m attempting to create a whole mix “stutter” effect with my MOXF6 and I need a little help.  I know how to do it in CHAIN/SONG mode, but I find performing in PATTERN mode is more suited to what I am trying to accomplish, that could be inexperience though.

The problem that I am running into is that I want to make the whole mix stutter for only two beats and then switch to the next section.  I am faking it by just replaying the first note of the previous section for each 1/8 beat of the next measure, but I am locked into the section for the full measure.

I may be going about this the wrong way, but here are the methods I am pursuing:

Is there a way to switch sections within PATTERN mode before it finishes the whole measure? 

Is there a way to either set the Tempo to double-time, or half the time signature for a section?

Is it possible to send a SysEX message to set the tempo from the MOXF6 back to itself without any external hardware? 

I am trying to do everything “in the box”, so I don’t want to have to rely on external hardware to create the effect.

Thanks!

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Using MOXF to perform live with no external gear
Next Topic:

Connecting: MOXF / Mainstage 3 ››