mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Questions about like to import voices from another bank with flash memory board"

Posted on: May 11, 2016 @ 11:16 PM
carlossergio
Total Posts:  29
Joined  10-20-2012

Hi my friends.

I have a Yamaha MOXF with an expansion card (flash memory board), installed.
In memory I have some databases with voices, performs and songs saved in the 2 .X6A Banks.

But, my question is ...
Is possible export a specific voice from .x6a Bank 01 for example and import to .x6a Bank 02 ?

If possible, how could I import voices from another voices bank ?

Could anyone help me, please?

Thanks a lot.

Carlos (Brazil)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 12, 2016 @ 01:33 AM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011

Are you asking to do something different than you asked in This Thread?

If so, can you explain a bit more about what you are trying to do?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 12, 2016 @ 11:18 AM
carlossergio
Joined  10-20-2012

Of course.

In my MOXF keyboard I have several banks of recorded voices, with .X6A extension.

However, there are some voices that I most use in shows that are saved in the bank memory 01 and others that are recorded in the bank 02.
But every time I need to use a particular voice that is in another bank of voices, have to carry them. And during a presentation, it is not feasible.
I thought I’d have all the voices that I need in the same memory bank.
But for this, I have to import some voices that are in the bank 02 to the bank 01.

I wonder if this is possible and how.

Could you help me please ?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 12, 2016 @ 03:05 PM
cmayhle
Joined  10-05-2011
carlossergio - 12 May 2016 11:18 AM

...In my MOXF keyboard I have several banks of recorded voices, with .X6A extension....

VOICES are not “recorded”, they are STORED.  Is that what you mean?

The .X6A extension is a SAVE format.  Once you have STORED an ALL File into the machine, it no longer is a .X6A file...it is simply STORED data.  Is that what you are referring to?

carlossergio - 12 May 2016 11:18 AM

...However, there are some voices that I most use in shows that are saved in the bank memory 01 and others that are recorded in the bank 02.
But every time I need to use a particular voice that is in another bank of voices, have to carry them. And during a presentation, it is not feasible.
I thought I’d have all the voices that I need in the same memory bank.
But for this, I have to import some voices that are in the bank 02 to the bank 01....

I am not sure you are using the term “memory bank” correctly.  Do you mean USER Memory BANK...which is internal to the machine?  If so, you simply call up the VOICE in the other BANK as needed.  Or...COPY the VOICE to another USER Bank location, as outlined in your other thread.

Do you mean SAVED ALL File when you say “memory bank”?  If so, that is entirely different.  Please explain how you are using your terms.  I simply cannot tell if you are referring to internal or external data.

It would be helpful if you could use the official Yamaha terms.  I understand there are some language translation challenges.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 18, 2016 @ 02:20 PM
carlossergio
Joined  10-20-2012

Hi, good afternoon.

Sorry for my english, my friend.
About my questions about the Yamaha MOXF model ...

I have a pendrive and a flash memory board connected in the Yamaha MOXF Keyboard, too.
In the pendrive for example, I have 2 distincts Keybank (samples), containing files with .X6A formats, ok ?

I need to copy an specific voice from Sample 02 in to Sample 01.
Did you understand, please ?

Because, recently I bought two product on Motifator site:

- The Vintage Keys - Voice Bank for Yamaha MO XF (http://shop.motifator.com/index.php/voice-libraries/moxf/vintage-keys-voice-bank-for-yamaha-motif-mo-xf.html ) ... and ...

- Leads - Voice Bank for Yamaha MOXF (http://shop.motifator.com/index.php/voice-libraries/moxf/leads-voice-bank-for-yamaha-motif-es.html)

But, there are voices of the Keybank(samples) 02 that I need to save in the same Keybank to that I don’t need reload other Sample.

Is it possíble, please ? Could you help me, please ?

Thank you !

Regards.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 18, 2016 @ 03:14 PM
cmayhle
Joined  10-05-2011
carlossergio - 18 May 2016 02:20 PM

...I have a pendrive and a flash memory board connected in the Yamaha MOXF Keyboard, too.
In the pendrive for example, I have 2 distincts Keybank (samples), containing files with .X6A formats, ok ?

I need to copy an specific voice from Sample 02 in to Sample 01.
Did you understand, please ?

Because, recently I bought two product on Motifator site:

- The Vintage Keys - Voice Bank for Yamaha MO XF (http://shop.motifator.com/index.php/voice-libraries/moxf/vintage-keys-voice-bank-for-yamaha-motif-mo-xf.html ) ... and ...

- Leads - Voice Bank for Yamaha MOXF (http://shop.motifator.com/index.php/voice-libraries/moxf/leads-voice-bank-for-yamaha-motif-es.html)

But, there are voices of the Keybank(samples) 02 that I need to save in the same Keybank to that I don’t need reload other Sample.

Is it possíble, please ? Could you help me, please ?

Thank you !

Regards.

Now I am really confused.

Neither of those Libraries listed contains Sample data.

I am very unclear on what you are trying to accomplish, sorry.  Hopefully someone will be able to assist.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 18, 2016 @ 04:09 PM
carlossergio
Joined  10-20-2012

Hi, my friend.

I’m sorry for the confusion…

I will try to summarize the situation ....

I bought these libraries and already use the voices of these libraries in my MOXF keyboard, ok ?

My questions:
    - To play voices in these libraries, do I need to load them in MOXF memory, ok ?

- Can I be using the “The Vintage Keys” library and load a voice that is in the other library ("Leads") ?

Thank you.

Carlos

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 18, 2016 @ 06:08 PM
cmayhle
Joined  10-05-2011
carlossergio - 18 May 2016 04:09 PM

Hi, my friend.

I’m sorry for the confusion…

I will try to summarize the situation ....

I bought these libraries and already use the voices of these libraries in my MOXF keyboard, ok ?

My questions:
    - To play voices in these libraries, do I need to load them in MOXF memory, ok ?

- Can I be using the “The Vintage Keys” library and load a voice that is in the other library ("Leads") ?

Thank you.

Carlos

OK, now that you are no longer talking about samples and keybanks and Flash boards, it is making more sense.

Just so you know, when you would like to LOAD VOICES into your MOXF which contain no new sample data (like the two Libraries you purchased), your LOAD will have nothing to do with the Flash board.  The Flash board is only used when new sample data (not contained in the machine) must be LOADED into Flash memory, in support of VOICES that utilize such data.

Yes, you can LOAD a whole BANK of VOICES at once...or a single VOICE at a time...from your Library ALL files.

If you are already playing these VOICES from your MOXF, then you have already LOADED them into your MOXF...you cannot play any of the VOICES from a USB stick, you can only LOAD them from a USB stick.  Again, when you LOADED these VOICES, you put them into USER BANK locations.  You did NOT put anything on the Flash Board.

Since you say you are already using the VOICES from both of the Libraries, then they ARE in the machine.  And you are able to choose any VOICE from either Library simply by calling up the location they are STORED to.

Does that answer your question?

By the way, if you would like more information about actually using the Flash Board...when new sample data is required...you can take a look at This Article.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 19, 2016 @ 06:29 PM
carlossergio
Joined  10-20-2012

Thanks for your help, my friend.

[ Ignore ]