mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Motif XF voices not appearing in Pattern/Song Mode"

Posted on: May 04, 2016 @ 08:21 PM
awhitebeats
Total Posts:  7
Joined  06-03-2011

Not sure what I’m doing wrong but I literally almost sold this keyboard. In [Voice] mode, I can hear ALL 1500+ voices on the Motif. In [Pattern/Song] Mode, some disappear. I’ll start creating ideas in [Voice] mode playing around with voices...Then once I find a sound I like, I’ll go to [Pattern/Song] mode and open up Logic X or Cubase. I’ll either record audio via Firewire into Logic or just midi data if I use the VST editor.

Problem is, I cannot find the same sounds when in [Voice] mode when I switch to [Pattern/Song] Mode! What am I doing wrong? Only had it for a few weeks but I pretty know how to navigate through it.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 04, 2016 @ 09:13 PM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011
awhitebeats - 04 May 2016 08:21 PM

...Problem is, I cannot find the same sounds when in [Voice] mode when I switch to [Pattern/Song] Mode! What am I doing wrong? Only had it for a few weeks but I pretty know how to navigate through it.

After you are in the SONG or PATTERN you want to work on, you must go to the associated MIXING...by pressing the MIXING button.

It is in MIXING that you bring in VOICES as PARTS to a SONG or PATTERN.

Once in the MIXING for that SONG, press the PART number you want to import a VOICE to.

PART Edit in MIXING Mode is found on page 194 of the Motif XF Reference Manual.

Once there, go to Part Basic Settings—[F1] Voice --> [SF1] Voice

If you would like to bring the VOICE in with all of its parameters, make sure Param. with Voice is switched ON before bringing the VOICE in via the navigation fields.

You are free to go back and forth between the MIXING screen(s) and the SONG control/recording screen(s) as you work, by toggling the MIXING button on the front panel.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 05, 2016 @ 01:01 PM
awhitebeats
Total Posts:  7
Joined  06-03-2011
cmayhle - 04 May 2016 09:13 PM
awhitebeats - 04 May 2016 08:21 PM

...Problem is, I cannot find the same sounds when in [Voice] mode when I switch to [Pattern/Song] Mode! What am I doing wrong? Only had it for a few weeks but I pretty know how to navigate through it.

After you are in the SONG or PATTERN you want to work on, you must go to the associated MIXING...by pressing the MIXING button.

It is in MIXING that you bring in VOICES as PARTS to a SONG or PATTERN.

Once in the MIXING for that SONG, press the PART number you want to import a VOICE to.

PART Edit in MIXING Mode is found on page 194 of the Motif XF Reference Manual.

Once there, go to Part Basic Settings—[F1] Voice --> [SF1] Voice

If you would like to bring the VOICE in with all of its parameters, make sure Param. with Voice is switched ON before bringing the VOICE in via the navigation fields.

You are free to go back and forth between the MIXING screen(s) and the SONG control/recording screen(s) as you work, by toggling the MIXING button on the front panel.

Dude that worked! Thanks!

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Upgrading from MOXF... can not load old data... please help!
Next Topic:

Editing drum sounds ››