mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Proper Timings"

Posted on: May 04, 2016 @ 05:24 AM
G-XF
Total Posts:  132
Joined  12-08-2007

Hi, I recently install Cubase 8.5 is’s ok, but When I record Midi track weather its VSTi or Moxf8 internal sounds on Cubase midi channel it doesn’t record with proper timings I have quantized midi notes in many different ways but I cannot set the timings I have already done the following in Cubase settings please refer to pics below.
Kindly please tell me if there are any other settings in MOXF8 or Cubase that I need to do so I can get me perfect timing to record midi. Thanks.

image.jpg

sc7.jpg

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 07, 2016 @ 10:58 AM
Alexander71
Total Posts:  6
Joined  06-14-2016

I have a similar problem. All this takes place in direct mode and in VST mode. I tested it in:
- Sonar Platinum
- Cubase Pro 8.5
- Cubase AI 8.5

I wrote about the issue in russian-language Yamaha support. While there is no answer. Maybe you write a request to the english-language support?

Moreover, when recording in the Yamaha MOXF in the SONG mode, it lost the first beat, if not put on the track delay 17 ticks.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 08, 2016 @ 03:40 PM
meatballfulton
Total Posts:  3022
Joined  01-25-2005

tula,

If you are trying to play a sequence from the MOXF into Cubase, it wouldn’t surprise me if it lost the very first note. This can be an issue with any two sequencers depending on how they respond to MIDI clocks.

One thing to try is adding a blank measure to the sequence in the MOXF. That should take care of the lost notes on the downbeat. Then check the event list in Cubase and see if the timing is offset at all.

G-XF,

It wasn’t clear what your problem was with timing. Are you referring to latency or something else?

In the MIDI Clock Destinations menu, you should check all three boxes. The first one corrects the clock any time you relocate in Cubase. The third one means the MOXF will receive a clock all the time, otherwise anything tempo-based like arps won’t run.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 11, 2016 @ 04:10 AM
Alexander71
Total Posts:  6
Joined  06-14-2016

We understand. Error in firmware Yamaha. We are waiting for an update.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Sample memory full message duplicating samples
Next Topic:

MOXF8 Questions ››