mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Upgrading from MOXF… can not load old data… please help!"

Posted on: May 03, 2016 @ 12:58 AM
felipens1761
Total Posts:  5
Joined  05-25-2014

Hello, I’m fortunate enough to upgrade from my beloved MOXF6 to a XF7. The problem is that I created a large collection of songs in the old MOXF and I can not export or save them in a format the XF7 could read… I can even dispense the note data but the MIX data of each song is very laborious to recreate on the XF7. I already managed to convert the Voice data.

In summary> how can I load the song data on the XF7, or at least the MIX data of each song?

please help… I’m desperate about this…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 03, 2016 @ 01:18 AM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011

Take a look at This Thread.

It may provide a pathway using the Melas Waveform Editor, but it sounds like a large amount of work...if it works for your needs. 

Whether it is more, or less work than your current method requires, would need to be determined.

Good luck with the project.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 03, 2016 @ 09:28 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
felipens1761 - 03 May 2016 12:58 AM

[...]In summary> how can I load the song data on the XF7, or at least the MIX data of each song?[...]

Transferring Songs from the MOXF to XF can be done via Standard MIDI Files (SMFs). Mix data (PC events, etc.) can be incorporated in the tracks.

See http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/470093.

That thread also discusses using Mixing Templates as a means of transferring from an XF to a MOXF. If the Melas software will convert data from MOXF to XF that includes Mixing Templates, then that might also help. Mixing settings can be stored to Templates as explained on page 126 of the MOXF Reference Manual.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Motif xf & Sonar Cakewalk
Next Topic:

Motif XF voices not appearing in Pattern/Song Mode ››