mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "No Longer Receiving Audio Output to Laptop"

Posted on: April 17, 2016 @ 08:31 PM
MarkJohnson
Total Posts:  75
Joined  09-03-2013

My laptop doesn’t appear to be responding anymore to to my MOXF’s audio signal in either Cubase or Audacity. To keep this simple, instead of all the many settings needed for Cubase, I’m trying to trouble shoot this using Audacity. Audacity sees both the playback audio device of Line (Yamaha MOF6/MOF8) and the playback audio device of Line (Yamaha MOF6/MOF8). This leads me to believe that something in the MOXF is no longer set correctly output audio. Can someone provide suggestions for trouble shooting this. I’m stumped.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 18, 2016 @ 04:52 AM
blafot
Total Posts:  105
Joined  05-04-2015

I can not test cause my moxf is put away for a gig but as I heard this happened to others (read on it on facebook) and at the same time as windows 10 made a system update…

Can It be some update-error? Some new stuff that make it not work?
Uninstall driver and reinstall?

/M

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 18, 2016 @ 06:10 AM
nbadesign
Total Posts:  994
Joined  08-20-2007

blafot - 18 April 2016 04:52 AM

I can not test cause my moxf is put away for a gig but as I heard this happened to others (read on it on facebook) and at the same time as windows 10 made a system update…

Can It be some update-error? Some new stuff that make it not work?
Uninstall driver and reinstall?

/M

Try to install the latest Yamaha Steinberg driver v. 1.98.
Sometimes when OS performed updates even driver reinstall helps.

Alex

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 30, 2016 @ 05:54 PM
MarkJohnson
Total Posts:  75
Joined  09-03-2013

Fixed:  I simply changed Utility > USA Audio Output Channel from 4Ch to 2Ch, I don’t know when or why I had set it to 4Ch.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 06, 2016 @ 03:55 PM
opho
Total Posts:  2
Joined  09-06-2016

MarkJ, you are a hero.  I’ve been trying for months to get my Cubase going (it keeps rebooting my computer, sigh...) so decided to resign myself to just using Audacity and was having the same problem - no input.  I was starting to believe in an apparently vast conspiracy that was determined to keep me from being able to record on anything.

Your solution worked perfectly.  THANK YOU.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ MOXF Assessment?
Next Topic:

John Melas waveform editor ››