mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "►♫ Free Arp Management Software ♫◄"

Page 1 of 3
Posted on: April 15, 2016 @ 01:03 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Some Motifator members have noted that loading new User Arps overwrites previous ones. It can sometimes be convenient to combine two or more Arp files into one, so that all of the Arps are available simultaneously. Although commercial software is available to do that and more, the purchase might not always be merited.

I’ve created a Windows program, Arps-Plus, that can combine two XS or XF Arp files, or one of each, into one Arp file. The Arps can also be extracted from “All” files. See the attached Readme file for installation and other details.

Also attached are XSpand_Arps.X0G (Arps from XSpand Your World) and EDMEXP_Arps.X3G (Arps from EDM Expansion). They can be copied to the folder where Arps-Plus is located, and experimented with.

Before using Arps-Plus, please save your current data to an “All” file. That way you can load files produced by Arps-Plus, but return to your own data if/when needed.

I hope you find Arps-Plus useful. The program has been run on a few systems and seems to be working well, but I’d appreciate reports of any difficulties with it.

EDIT: I found a very minor bug in version 1.00. Please see my November 2018 post on page 3 of this thread for the updated version 1.01 files.
(http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/477143/P41/)

File Attachments
Arps-Plus_v1_00_setup.zip  (File Size: 351KB - Downloads: 833)
ReadmeArpsPlus_v1_00.txt  (File Size: 6KB - Downloads: 818)
Arp Files.zip  (File Size: 28KB - Downloads: 797)
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 15, 2016 @ 01:34 PM
stoneb3
Total Posts:  851
Joined  06-05-2011

Ha! Psyche, I had a feeling this may have been one of your secret projects. I dared not ask and jinx it. Fantastic work 5pin, I’m sure a very large number of users will enjoy this. Very generous, to the max.

If only Vikas “Mac” Sharma were here.
Thank you
Stone

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 15, 2016 @ 01:53 PM
I_Too_Say_So_Long
Total Posts:  728
Joined  09-20-2011

Yes, Vikas helped get Cubase Ai5 to talk with the Mac’s we have in the beginning.

If memory serves, he did some programming computer projects for macs.  ??Memory’s not what it used to be :)

... no Windows at all ‘round here. -(

The last I heard with Vikas, he had a voltage problem with outputs on his XF.  ?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 15, 2016 @ 06:42 PM
papaphoenix
Total Posts:  1614
Joined  03-09-2004

Hi 5pinDin, nice news but it doesn’t work for me on Windows 10.
After installing the software, it ask me to choose a resolution size, i done it and have an error message.

Could’nt open file or port DecideArp.ini at line 229

It is on “C:\Program Files (x86)\Arps-Plus\Arps-Plus_v1_00.exe”

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 15, 2016 @ 08:03 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
stoneb3 - 15 April 2016 01:34 PM

Ha! Psyche, I had a feeling this may have been one of your secret projects. I dared not ask and jinx it. Fantastic work 5pin, I’m sure a very large number of users will enjoy this. Very generous, to the max.

If only Vikas “Mac” Sharma were here.
Thank you
Stone

Thanks for the support, Stone. I hope there are some who will find the program useful.

I miss Vikas Sharma as well.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 15, 2016 @ 08:07 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
Make_A_JOYful_Noise - 15 April 2016 01:53 PM

Yes, Vikas helped get Cubase Ai5 to talk with the Mac’s we have in the beginning.

If memory serves, he did some programming computer projects for macs.  ??Memory’s not what it used to be :)

… no Windows at all ‘round here. -(

The last I heard with Vikas, he had a voltage problem with outputs on his XF.  ?

I have nothing against Macs, but I don’t use one or program for them.

When we discussed the situation, it appeared that Vikas’ XF had leaky output muting transistors.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 15, 2016 @ 08:08 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
papaphoenix - 15 April 2016 06:42 PM

Hi 5pinDin, nice news but it doesn’t work for me on Windows 10.
After installing the software, it ask me to choose a resolution size, i done it and have an error message.

Could’nt open file or port DecideArp.ini at line 229

It is on “C:\Program Files (x86)\Arps-Plus\Arps-Plus_v1_00.exe”

Thanks for the feedback, papaphoenix. Michael Trigoboff had a similar problem with a beta version of the program, and suggested that the difficulty relates to Windows administrator permissions.

If you uninstall the program and rerun the installer, but choose to install to a folder where you have permissions, that should resolve the problem.

I supplied the executable and other files separately from the installer, so a possible workaround would be to place them in a folder where you have permissions and run the program there.

Please let me know how either approach goes. Thanks.

EDIT: I apparently forgot to separately provide the executable for those wanting to do a manual installation. It’s now attached to this message. Please follow the Readme to install.

File Attachments
Arps-Plus_v1_00.zip  (File Size: 87KB - Downloads: 669)
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 15, 2016 @ 08:56 PM
I_Too_Say_So_Long
Total Posts:  728
Joined  09-20-2011
5pinDIN - 15 April 2016 08:07 PM
Make_A_JOYful_Noise - 15 April 2016 01:53 PM

… no Windows at all ‘round here. -(

I have nothing against Macs, but I don’t use one or program for them.

When we discussed the situation, it appeared that Vikas’ XF had leaky output muting transistors.

Thanks for the reply.
Best of luck with all you do :)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 16, 2016 @ 01:41 AM
richie1027
Total Posts:  686
Joined  10-14-2008

Just found this thread and anticipating trying this weekend.  What an outstanding idea, and more so that you have the skill set to create this program.  Many thanks for your generosity as well as your invaluable contributions to this forum and members.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 16, 2016 @ 02:23 AM
Michael Trigoboff
Total Posts:  647
Joined  09-05-2011
5pinDIN - 15 April 2016 08:08 PM

Michael Trigoboff had a similar problem with a beta version of the program, and suggested that the difficulty relates to Windows administrator permissions.

I was very pleased to be able to help 5pinDIN by testing his app. He’s helped me a lot over the years, and is one of the people who make this a great place.

I miss Vikas too…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 16, 2016 @ 05:03 AM
papaphoenix
Joined  03-09-2004

Thank you it’s work fine now, easy to use, great job, thank you.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 16, 2016 @ 08:15 AM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
richie1027 - 16 April 2016 01:41 AM

Just found this thread and anticipating trying this weekend.  What an outstanding idea, and more so that you have the skill set to create this program.  Many thanks for your generosity as well as your invaluable contributions to this forum and members.

Thanks for the kind words. I enjoy working with Motifs, and I’m glad to share.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 16, 2016 @ 08:21 AM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
Michael Trigoboff - 16 April 2016 02:23 AM

I was very pleased to be able to help 5pinDIN by testing his app. He’s helped me a lot over the years, and is one of the people who make this a great place.

I miss Vikas too…

Your assistance was appreciated, especially considering the Windows 10 issue. Thanks.

I wish Win 10 was a bit less “protective”, although it might be justified in some cases.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 16, 2016 @ 08:30 AM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
papaphoenix - 16 April 2016 05:03 AM

Thank you it’s work fine now, easy to use, great job, thank you.

Thanks for reporting back, and your kind words. I’m glad you were able to get the program running. The executable is now available separately (which I meant to do previously), attached to a post above.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 16, 2016 @ 10:26 AM
papaphoenix
Joined  03-09-2004

You’re welcome, i will share the information on Moessieurs this week-end for the new update, it will be link to your post here, i hope it bring you feedback and support ;)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 16, 2016 @ 05:54 PM
meatballfulton
Total Posts:  3022
Joined  01-25-2005

How old a Windows version can run this? I’m a Mac guy but have still working WinXP laptop lying around.

[ Ignore ]  

Page 1 of 3

Previous Topic:

‹‹ ES sounds for XF8
Next Topic:

Motif vs Cubase Arpeggiators? ››