mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Covers"

Posted on: April 13, 2016 @ 12:03 AM
MarkBeauchene
Total Posts:  27
Joined  12-09-2013

If any of you are willing to share the setup and score you use to cover popular songs let’s build up a library of them.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 14, 2016 @ 01:31 AM
MrMotif
Total Posts:  1122
Joined  10-02-2002

Think that’s a pretty decent idea, Mark, so giving your post a bump. Perhaps we can come up with a formula so that people can find posts easy to access, read and get information from. Something along the lines of:

Post title = name of song (Jump / Van Halen)

Then, within a post something like this maybe:

* Instrument: XS, XF, MOX etc
* Voice: Preset XXX, or Voice Library Vintage Keys # XXX
* Performance: as above
* Tab / chord link: If one is available...
* Video link: url of you playing Jump on Vimeo or YouTube
* Notes: I, blah blah blah

Others can probably improve on these suggestions but if we can get create a solid and simple method of presenting this information then we might want to create a special forum for them.

MM

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 14, 2016 @ 02:32 PM
Keg8605
Total Posts:  7
Joined  01-31-2013

Yea I don’t know why there isn’t a good database for sharing patches/voices...etc.  I suppose with so many bands using tracks might be to blame.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 19, 2016 @ 01:58 PM
benj00
Total Posts:  113
Joined  06-03-2011

Hi,

I use the MOX and MOXF for playing covers and I think part of the issue is that there are already a lot of good sounds available from 3rd party libraries that are only for purchase from the Motifator shop or from one of the competing websites. To post these Voices, Samples/Waveforms, Performances, etc would be a form of piracy.

While I’ve programmed some of my own Voices,built my own Performances, Mixes, and Masters and I always tweak the 3rd party Voices to my liking; most of my sounds originate from paid libraries.

Here are the ones for the MOX (and MOXF w/ samples on my flashboard) that I use if you interested in purchasing:

DCP—Vintage Keys // Air // B’s Kness

EZsounds—Dance Pro // Phat Analog 1 & 2

80’s Pop Rock Vol. 1 & 2

It would be virtually impossible for me to share any of my Voices and associated Performances, Mixes, and Masters without crediting these libraries and also hard for me to remember which came from which.

Anyway, a database of 3rd party libraries with their Voices and associated sounds would certainly be a good thing, as long as it doesn’t involve illegally sharing them.

These libraries are also great but use samples and are only for MOXF’s and Motif’s with flash memory boards:

Peter Jung Symphonic Library (included in Inspiration in a Flash)
Rhoditzer
Alan Parson’s Imperial Grand
Chick Corea Rhodes (free with Yamaha 40th Anniversary sounds)
Inspiration in a Flash (free from Yamaha)
Yamaha 40th Anniversary Sounds (free from Yamaha)
CP70 for Motif (Keyboard Waves)
EMD Expansion Pack (free from Yamaha)

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Independent volume with knobs OR FC7
Next Topic:

Selling Yamaha MOX8 in Excellent Condition ››