mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Loading/Saving sounds on a Smart Media card"

Posted on: March 25, 2016 @ 06:21 PM
migrif
Total Posts:  3
Joined  03-25-2016

I have purchased a number of the sound banks here on Motifator, and love a bunch of the sounds. I want to consolidate the ones I like and use the most into a single user bank on my Motif. The issue I am having is that any time I load one of the sound banks, it resets the user 1 bank to the default sounds, thus over-writing what I had. I have tried to save individual sounds to the card, and cannot figure out how it’s done. Additionally, the Motif user manual is quite lame with instructions on how to even use the file function. Any tips/help would be greatly appreciated.

Mike G

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 25, 2016 @ 06:50 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Welcome to the forum.

You didn’t say which Motif you’re using, but from your member profile, and that you mentioned a “card”, I presume it’s an ES. If not, please let us know.

The procedure for loading a single Voice to a particular destination in the ES is covered on page 87 of the Owner’s Manual. After you’ve loaded as many Voices as you want, you should save an “All” file so that you have a backup in case your data is somehow later changed.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 25, 2016 @ 09:44 PM
migrif
Total Posts:  3
Joined  03-25-2016

you are correct, I have an ES7. I will look at the manual again, but as I said, if I load a different set of sounds, it over-writes my User 1 bank, so I lose anything I had saved there previously

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 26, 2016 @ 01:00 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
migrif - 25 March 2016 09:44 PM

[...] if I load a different set of sounds, it over-writes my User 1 bank, so I lose anything I had saved there previously

That won’t happen if you load one Voice at a time, as explained on page 87, with load Type set to Voice and the destination set correctly.

[ Ignore ]