mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "MOXF8 & Cubase8Ai"

Posted on: March 09, 2016 @ 06:49 PM
G-XF
Total Posts:  132
Joined  12-08-2007

Hi I am trying to connect MOXF8 to Cubase via USB my sound card RME is already connected but when I start Cubase I get a message please see attached picture. Basically Cubase should work with my sound card and I want to use MOX as a remote function and its sounds so how can I do this please guide me step by step.
image.jpg

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 11, 2016 @ 08:03 PM
nbadesign
Total Posts:  994
Joined  08-20-2007

G-XF - 09 March 2016 06:49 PM

Hi I am trying to connect MOXF8 to Cubase via USB my sound card RME is already connected but when I start Cubase I get a message please see attached picture. Basically Cubase should work with my sound card and I want to use MOX as a remote function and its sounds so how can I do this please guide me step by step.
image.jpg

Message is correct. You have installed Yamaha Steinberg USB driver which is both MIDI and audio. That’s why it shows on the ASIO driver list upon Cubase start up. What type of RME card do you have (USB, FireWire)? You should also installed driver for RME and than to select it as audio source. In that case you should connect MOXF audio outputs to the inputs of RME, and to use MIDI only over MOXF USB conection.

Alex

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 16, 2016 @ 11:01 AM
G-XF
Joined  12-08-2007

Hi there, thanks for reply and sorry to get back to you so late. I have RME UCX both fire face and USB options but right now I have connected RME through USB in my laptop. I have properly install the right RME Drivers. Do you mean I need to attach a separate audio cable along with the USB cable? Ok I can do this but please I don’t have a lot of time please tell me the easiest way I can get MoxF8 to handle Cubase with remote button. I have connect to Cubase via USB and then I press the remote button but Moxf8 isn’t able to command Cubase, none of the play, stop, FF,Rwd etc buttons work.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 16, 2016 @ 09:58 PM
pagliacci
Total Posts:  10
Joined  01-08-2016

You also need to install the MOXF6/MOXF8 Remote Tools as well as the USB Driver to remotely control Cubase.

Good Luck. :)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 17, 2016 @ 06:04 AM
nbadesign
Joined  08-20-2007

I’m not sure that you could use ASIO driver in Cubase for RME interface and USB cable to transfer only MIDI data from/to MOXF, since MOXF need Yamaha Steinberg USB driver to be installed. This driver need to be selected as ASIO driver in Cubase and in that case you could have both audio and MIDI from/to MOXF. If you don’t need condenser mic to be connected to your audio interface, than you could use only MOXF. For instance, I’m using Sure 58 dynamic mic for vocal recording by connecting mic to the audio input of MOXF.
In order to use remote function, you should install Remote Tools as pagliacci suggested. Remote Tools lets you edit and create templates with configurations of MOXF buttons to correspond to various functions of DAW (Cubase in your case) and VSTi that you are using.
When you have installed both Yamaha Steinberg USB driver and Remote Tools, you should check the following:
1. Press Utility button on MOXF and select REMOTE. Under DAW Select choose Cubase. Press STORE button to store settings to MOXF memory.
2. Start Cubase and select upon startup Yamaha Steinberg MOXF as ASIO driver.
3. Go to Device / Device Setup menu and under MIDI ports select all 4 ports of Yamaha Steinberg MOXF.
4. Check in Device Setup / Remote Devices if MOXF is selected. It should be automatically.
5. Now, if you have done all from 1.-4., you could press DAW Remote button on MOXF and have full control of Cubase!

Alex

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 17, 2016 @ 12:08 PM
zpink
Total Posts:  427
Joined  08-02-2014

I use my M-Audio ASIO whilst having my MOXF VST and able to control Cubase from it, so no need to use the ASIO interface of the keyboard to have the remote and other options.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 17, 2016 @ 01:59 PM
nbadesign
Joined  08-20-2007

zpink - 17 March 2016 12:08 PM

I use my M-Audio ASIO whilst having my MOXF VST and able to control Cubase from it, so no need to use the ASIO interface of the keyboard to have the remote and other options.

Thanks for this note! As I said, I’ve never try it. Obviously I should :).

Alex

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 17, 2016 @ 02:53 PM
zpink
Total Posts:  427
Joined  08-02-2014
nbadesign - 17 March 2016 01:59 PM

zpink - 17 March 2016 12:08 PM

Thanks for this note! As I said, I’ve never try it. Obviously I should :).

Alex

Only if it suits you!  ;-)
It works for me and I have use of the 8 inputs since I don’t have a mixer.
I only mentioned it so that the OP won’t rule out the option.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 05, 2016 @ 03:47 AM
G-XF
Joined  12-08-2007

Hi can you tell me I only want to use MOXF8 midi connection through USB I don’t want audio connection please tell me how I can do this step by step kindly. Is there a Yamaha driver that is just for midi connection not for audio I looked on the Yamaha site but I could not see it there if possible can you send me link. I am having a lot of trouble with this I only want to use UCX as my audio interface. sc6.jpg
Yamaha.jpg

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 05, 2016 @ 08:04 AM
meatballfulton
Total Posts:  3022
Joined  01-25-2005

Your problem is not the Steinberg driver, it is that Cubase does not see the RME driver. Please double check that it is properly installed.

Have you used the RME with any other audio software previously?

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Remote buttons diagram
Next Topic:

MOXF vs Motif XS Help ››