mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Replacement Power Block"

Posted on: February 14, 2016 @ 04:40 PM
allen mills
Total Posts:  24
Joined  04-29-2008

I have an moXF8 and can’t locate the power block/cord. I need to use it today if possible. I do have extra power adaptors and such laying around - what are the parameters I need to adhere to finding another one that will work until I can get the proper one, if that is even possible?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 14, 2016 @ 06:17 PM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011
allen mills - 14 February 2016 04:40 PM

I have an moXF8 and can’t locate the power block/cord. I need to use it today if possible. I do have extra power adaptors and such laying around - what are the parameters I need to adhere to finding another one that will work until I can get the proper one, if that is even possible?

This Thread gives you a discussion of the supply you are requesting, with an option.

This Site shows the Yamaha-specified unit itself, with input and output values clearly visible.

CAUTION:  Use an unofficial power supply at your own risk!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 14, 2016 @ 07:10 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
cmayhle - 14 February 2016 06:17 PM

[...]This Site shows the Yamaha-specified unit itself, with input and output values clearly visible.

Yes, the PA-150 is the correct supply. Its output is rated 12 volts, 1.5 amps, and importantly also (as the picture at Sweetwater shows), the connection is center positive.
http://www.sweetwater.com/images/items/750/PA150-large.jpg

In addition, the supply should be voltage-regulated. A switch-mode supply would be, but not all linear supplies are.

cmayhle -

CAUTION:  Use an unofficial power supply at your own risk!

Exactly!

[ Ignore ]