mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Adjusting_sample start time?"

Posted on: February 05, 2016 @ 12:57 PM
mikebengel
Total Posts:  86
Joined  03-16-2013

Dealing with samples seams to be a real mess for me....I’ve come from working with ensoniq boards, that were very intuitive and designed by musicians.  You could play a sequence and adjust any instruments sample start time, loop, direction, and hear the results.

Here’s my situation:
I have a single sample made into a voice(instrument)....sigh,,,It’s on FL1.  lol - I copy the FL1 sample to Memory.  Now I know how to edit the sample.  I just need to hear the pattern or song playing while I adjust the sample.  Pitch and start time to be exact.  I’m beginning to think it’s not possible.  Any one have any tips?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 05, 2016 @ 09:01 PM
dsetto
Total Posts:  435
Joined  01-24-2014

I think you could …

Put the sample on loop (not one shot), press a key that’ll trigger it, and then go ahead and adjust the start, loop, & end times, hearing the results as you change. Is this what you wanted to do?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 05, 2016 @ 09:32 PM
mikebengel
Joined  03-16-2013

Thank’s for your feedback...I was wanting to hear the pattern or song play while I adjusted sample start time.  Guess that’s just not possible.  oh we’ll.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 05, 2016 @ 09:46 PM
dsetto
Total Posts:  435
Joined  01-24-2014

oh. not sure i know what you’re trying to do. i’ll take a guess:

playing a sample that’s integrated into a sequence or pattern. Then, it’s my understanding that that sample is referenced by a midi note that’s on its own track. i suppose then, set up a loop of your song (seq/pattern), and adjust the midi note; noting that you won’t hear the update until the playback reproaches the midi trigger.

sorry if i’m off the mark.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 05, 2016 @ 10:17 PM
mikebengel
Joined  03-16-2013

Cool...The lingo really gets messy.  I see what your saying.  I was thinking in terms of the integrated sampler and adjusting the sample start, end time, specifically.  Or I guess I should be saying something like waveform. damn! lol

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Beat It GONG
Next Topic:

>>>Deleted Topic<<< ››