mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "A question about Vicro MX editor"

Posted on: December 31, 2015 @ 11:39 AM
shad0wfax
Total Posts:  36
Joined  07-08-2013

Hi all,

When using the MX editor and trying to access the voices of the user bank, all entries appear as “User Voice”, despite I’ve got several edited voices stored there (and none of them is called “user voice"). Is there a way of forcing the editor to “read” the user bank?

Thanks in advance!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 31, 2015 @ 05:41 PM
meatballfulton
Total Posts:  3022
Joined  01-25-2005

You should contact Vycro and ask them. My wild guess is no.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 01, 2016 @ 01:22 PM
shad0wfax
Total Posts:  36
Joined  07-08-2013

This is what I found in the official VycroMX forums:

User voices are not loaded by the free Vyrco MX performance editor, so no, you can’t see a user voice name in this editor.

That’s simply too bad, as Yamaha does not provide a software editor. It seems that the only way to get the most from the MX is getting the commercial John Melas’ software.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 03, 2016 @ 11:22 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
shad0wfax - 01 January 2016 01:22 PM

[...]That’s simply too bad, as Yamaha does not provide a software editor. It seems that the only way to get the most from the MX is getting the commercial John Melas’ software.

Have you tried the demo version of the Melas MX software? I don’t have an MX, but with my XF the Melas XF Librarian demo will receive all the User Voices, Performances, etc., and display their numbers and names. I tried the MX Librarian demo, and it will load a .X5A file and display Voice and Performance numbers and names, and likely receive data from the MX.

While it might not be as convenient as running one program, if you use both the free Vycro MX and the demo Melas MX software, you might be able to accomplish what you want.

Of course, you might find it to be worth purchasing one or both of the products.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ MX61 ins File
Next Topic:

Audio interface of the Yamaha MX49 or MX61 ››